Mountainman Uncovered

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Mountainman Uncovered

Postby donovan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:05 am

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Mountainman Uncovered

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Tradition and heritage die hard here in the Hills and Hollows. :wink:

........and I humbly confess, as many testimonies and affidavits confirm, I’m the best dag-gum Pepperoni Roll Maker that has ever crossed a palate. :D

Here’s the basics:

Spring-fed Creek Water (critical) + corn + yeast - ferment - distill (preferably double distilled, for enhanced results)

With a little bit of know how to and when to, and some practice, you’ll be staggering and walking sideways while listening to banjo music and howling at the moon in no time....... and of course, cheering for the Mountaineers!!! :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm

The pepperoni rolls are geno's, is that right? As far as the moonshine, we even have our share of amateur distillers in this area. I have a friend who make the absolute best Blackberry moonshine I have ever tasted. He only makes a couple batches a year, but I always try to get in line to get a quart or two when he makes it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Spence wrote:The pepperoni rolls are geno's, is that right? As far as the moonshine, we even have our share of amateur distillers in this area. I have a friend who make the absolute best Blackberry moonshine I have ever tasted. He only makes a couple batches a year, but I always try to get in line to get a quart or two when he makes it.

Julia’s, as a sponsor, are touted as the Mountaineers’ Pepperoni Roles, they’ve ok for a snack, but from Clarksburg, to Fairmont, to Morgantown there’s a BUNCH of Cottage Industry types making those things. Almost all are just pepperoni sometimes with cheese in a bun....... about as far as you can get from a Pepperoni Roll, where the ingredients are actually spread over rolled out dough to a 12 X 16 rectangle and then the dough is ROLLED from the bottom of the rectangle to the top. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”