Doltish Thought on Week 8

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Doltish Thought on Week 8

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Spence wrote:Haskins threw 72 times for, I believe 468 yards. You can almost guarantee a loss if your QB throws for that many yards. The record he broke came from the 1981 loss to Florida State.

I was at that game in the Shoe...The Buckeyes running game was throttled...I just looked it up..a net 38 yards on 31 attempts. Schlickter threw it all over though
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:48 pm

billybud wrote:
Spence wrote:Haskins threw 72 times for, I believe 468 yards. You can almost guarantee a loss if your QB throws for that many yards. The record he broke came from the 1981 loss to Florida State.

I was at that game in the Shoe...The Buckeyes running game was throttled...I just looked it up..a net 38 yards on 31 attempts. Schlickter threw it all over though

But it wasn't by design. If Ohio State could have ran the ball they would have; the fact that they couldn't deal with Florida State's defensive front made throwing the ball a desparation move. Ohio State or any other good football team will always want to run the ball first. If they can't run the ball, they can't control the clock when they need to control it. This years version of the Buckeye's can't convert a 4th and 1 from 1 foot.
They have some guys that are hurt, but who doesn't after week 7. They should be deep enough to cover injuries. This is a coaching problem. Guys are in the wrong places, technique is bad, and that should not happen. If you are out matched in your position you can't fix that, but CB Kendall Sheffield is one of the fastest guys in all of CFB and he has looked very bad several times this year. His technique is terrible.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Derek wrote:Lou Holtz is just hilarious sometimes.

‘Coming off a loss with your mom and dad in the stands and your girlfriend won’t speak to you......’. ha,ha,ha, Classic Lou Holtz, just gotta love that guy.

.......btw, if you’ve never watched his video, “Do Right”, I highly recommend it, and suggest watching it with a teenager. 8)

yep. He's a pretty wise man and why i think he was a good coach.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”