Ohio State vs Big10 on the road

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State vs Big10 on the road

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:14 pm

This is Ohio State's road record against Big ten teams the last 7 road games against each school. This doesn't include the new members of the big ten that Ohio State doesn't have 7 road games with yet.

7-0 at Illinois
7-0 at Indiana
7-0 at Minnesota
6-1 at Michigan
6-1 at Michigan State
6-1 at Northwestern
5-2 at Wisconsin
5-2 at Penn State
5-2 at Iowa
3-4 at Purdue
Just throwing this out there going into the road game with Purdue Saturday night. I have witnessed 6 of these games in person. The 2002 win against Purdue on a last second pass from Craig Krenzel to Mike Jenkins was one of the all time classics during the 2002 national championship season. Purdue has always played Ohio State tough. Joe Tiller was exceptionally tough on the Buckeyes. Could this be one of the two losses Ohio State will have this year?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Ohio State vs Big10 on the road

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:09 am

Gentlemen, what we have here is wisdom........ just ask Mountaineer Fans after what we experienced last Saturday night in Ames, Iowa. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Comrades, what we have here is our esteem cell block leader, Spence, in his purest form.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm

So, one can conclude, based the information a North westerner and a Hillbilly offer, is what we have here is a ‘wise and esteemed cell block leader’. :mrgreen:

....... with no additives.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 pm

I hear and see all evil. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Whether Ohio State goes down tonight or not they aren't a championship team. When the weather turns in the fall and the wind and rain start blowing you need a defense to win in the Big Ten. Ohio State's back seven, especially linebackers are bad. Losing Kerry Combs coaching the corners has hurt them. The offensive line can't run block to add insult to injury. You can't be a great team without a defense and this team doesn't have a defense. Not letting the offense off the hook, but the defense is pathetic.

This won't be the last loss by Ohio State this year.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:03 am

Spence wrote:This is Ohio State's road record against Big ten teams the last 7 road games against each school. This doesn't include the new members of the big ten that Ohio State doesn't have 7 road games with yet.

7-0 at Illinois
7-0 at Indiana
7-0 at Minnesota
6-1 at Michigan
6-1 at Michigan State
6-1 at Northwestern
5-2 at Wisconsin
5-2 at Penn State
5-2 at Iowa
3-4 at Purdue
Just throwing this out there going into the road game with Purdue Saturday night. I have witnessed 6 of these games in person. The 2002 win against Purdue on a last second pass from Craig Krenzel to Mike Jenkins was one of the all time classics during the 2002 national championship season. Purdue has always played Ohio State tough. Joe Tiller was exceptionally tough on the Buckeyes. Could this be one of the two losses Ohio State will have this year?

Spence is the type of guy that will run a dig route knowing there’s a 235 lb. Robber setup 8 yards deep right in front of the center....... and make the catch. :wink:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:28 pm

.......just sitting here in the recliner waiting on the Sunday Night Football game and perusing the college rankings, conference standings, remaining schedules and stuff. And you know what I saw? After humbling losses, Conference Championships are right there for the taking for both the Buckeyes and the Mountaineers.

We’ll see....... 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Mountainman wrote:.......just sitting here in the recliner waiting on the Sunday Night Football game and perusing the college rankings, conference standings, remaining schedules and stuff. And you know what I saw? After humbling losses, Conference Championships are right there for the taking for both the Buckeyes and the Mountaineers.

We’ll see....... 8)

Not for Ohio State. Too many problems. There are some guys hurt, but we have been seeing versions of the team that got throttled last night all year. I don't see them getting through the last 4 games without at least one loss. Probably two. I do think West Virginia has a chance, but they have to stay healthy and come to play every game at the end because of the back loaded schedule. That may be the toughest last three games for anyone this year.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 am

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:.......just sitting here in the recliner waiting on the Sunday Night Football game and perusing the college rankings, conference standings, remaining schedules and stuff. And you know what I saw? After humbling losses, Conference Championships are right there for the taking for both the Buckeyes and the Mountaineers.

We’ll see....... 8)

Not for Ohio State. Too many problems. There are some guys hurt, but we have been seeing versions of the team that got throttled last night all year. I don't see them getting through the last 4 games without at least one loss. Probably two. I do think West Virginia has a chance, but they have to stay healthy and come to play every game at the end because of the back loaded schedule. That may be the toughest last three games for anyone this year.

As I said before, you know the Buckeyes. Michigan State and Michigan are lurking in the shadows, knowing the Buckeyes are wounded, as they circle while waiting to move in for the kill. (got that scene setting drama watching Animal Plant show about predators).

It’s evident you know something about the Mountaineers too..... 3 of their best linebackers didn’t play a down at Iowa State, that matters in the 30 stack they run, and thus the piss-poor tackling. The scheme was working, the LB’s were in position to make the play, but didn’t. Couple that with the running backs, who forgot they are part of the pass blocking scheme too, failing to locate and block those second and third level blitzers and you’ve got no time for pass route adjustments and your QB running for his life.......... and that’s not taking anything away from what the Cyclones did, they simply did what they do better than the Mountaineers doing what they do.

Come this Thursday night, we’ll see. I’ll be there, either sitting down and freezing my butt off, or standing and cheering while hugging that good lookin’ lady in my section...... that’s the Mountaineer way. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”