Oregon V Washington

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Oregon V Washington

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 pm

This was college football as it was meant to be played.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Oregon V Washington

Postby highfly24 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Good game. I know the Apple Cup and Civil War have the fun names, but these two schools do not like each other. Big loss for not just the Huskies but the conference. The commentators kept bashing Washington due to Auburn's loss. Already looking for a reason to dismiss them if they won. Georgia was getting rolled so they had to lay the ground work, just in case. So many possibilities for that Pac 12 title game. I take joy in knowing that Chip Kelly and UCLA are not in any of them tho.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:53 pm

donovan wrote:This was college football as it was meant to be played.

Really fun to watch a game that’s played the way “it was meant to be played”........ now, if you want to watch a game that’s being played the way it’s not meant to be played, can’t kick it, can’t tackle, can’t catch it, can’t block AND execute a perfect illegal block 20 freakin’ yards behind the ballcarrier, just flip it over and watch the Mountaineers, they’re putting on a CLINIC on Dead From The Neck Up play. :oops:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Really fun to watch a game that’s played the way “it was meant to be played”........ now, if you want to watch a game that’s being played the way it’s not meant to be played, can’t kick it, can’t tackle, can’t catch it, can’t block AND execute a perfect illegal block 20 freakin’ yards behind the ballcarrier, just flip it over and watch the Mountaineers, they’re putting on a CLINIC on Dead From The Neck Up play. :oops:

Not just the toe...
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Mountainman wrote:

For a minute there, I thought that you were going to type, flip over to watch the Hurricanes.

We are likely not to win this game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:07 pm

/

Yep ...

It's under 4 minutes, and we are down by 10 --- Why Are We Not Playing Up Tempo!?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:11 pm

/

Great, we scored a touchdown ... with 3 minutes left, and still down by 3.

Luckily, we have all 3 timeouts [lots of 3 here].

Now we need a quick ... 3 & out.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm

/

So, we attempt the onside kick, Virginia grabs it and runs 20 yards.

We are not going to win this game.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I have come to realize that I know nothing about the teams that play in the FBS this year. :oops:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Not just the toe...

My goodness....... longest offensive possession of the game with 5:14 remaining, 5 plays.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:25 pm

/

Roughing the field goal kicker gives Virginia a 1rst down with 30 seconds left.

Nice win to the Cavaliers.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 pm

/

Did I hear the commentary guy correctly..?

Did he say that Iowa State held West Virginia under 160 total yards?

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Good for Iowa State...... they won it, and it was no fluke, the Cyclones just Beat Our Rumps.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:/

Did I hear the commentary guy correctly..?

Did he say that Iowa State held West Virginia under 160 total yards?

Yep...... and he was DEAD WRONG. It was 152 total yards. That’s under 155 total yards.
:roll:

........I could be wrong about that, I just read where one WV Sportswriter guy said it was 148 total yards. That would be under 150 total yards...... Good Grief.

........just checked Official Stats from WVU. They say 152 in Total Offense. Never should have paid any attention to what that sportswriter guy said, hell, I already knew he can’t write, so I don’t have any idea why I would think he could add.

Return to “General Discussion”