Kansas Fires Doug Meacham.........

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Kansas Fires Doug Meacham.........

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:12 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:There’s a rumor going ‘round that Les is more....... :wink:

eh ... More or Les.

But I understand there maybe Miles of work to do of improvements in Lawrence.

It’s Musical Chairs in Lawrence...... Beaty Fires Meacham to ‘change directions’ and Kansas Fires Beaty and hires Les. I suppose Beaty must have taken a wrong turn.

In any event, Les Miles at 65 years old will bring a ‘name’ to Kansas, and he’s a recruiter especially in Louisiana and Texas....... maybe this new Athletic Director, Jeff Long, out in Lawrence knows just what the hell he’s trying to do. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:21 am

-

At least someone will be playing defense with competency in the Big XII, now.

I just hope they keep him long enough to make a difference. The problem with Miles, is he is the Anti-Petrino. He's great as a Defensive mind, but can't figure out what Offense is supposed to be.

It'll be interesting to see if he can actually sell recruits on playing in Kansas.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:-

At least someone will be playing defense with competency in the Big XII, now.

I just hope they keep him long enough to make a difference. The problem with Miles, is he is the Anti-Petrino. He's great as a Defensive mind, but can't figure out what Offense is supposed to be.

It'll be interesting to see if he can actually sell recruits on playing in Kansas.

Yep, I mentioned Miles age because I wondered ‘why Les Mikes’??? The more I thought about it the more it made sense to me simply because of Miles background in a football rich recruiting area of the country....... and the first step for Kansas Football to become competitive is recruiting. Jeff Long just might be trying to build a Football Program at Kansas. We’ll see how it works out, it’ll take a few seasons, and then we’ll see what the ‘Mad-Hatter’ does, if he sticks around or turns it over to some young hotshot Coach.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am

I just doesn't sound right....

Les Miles
Head Coach Kansas :shock:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Derek wrote:I just doesn't sound right....

Les Miles
Head Coach Kansas :shock:

I he wanted to coach again so badly, he could have waited four weeks and there will be all kinds of jobs. If he has two games of success he will be gone quicker than a hobo's ham sandwich.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:19 am

He really wanted the job at Arizona, but they went with Sumlin.

I don't think Miles will truly work out at Kansas. He might make them okay, but "okay" = a losing record in the Big 12. They make you go 9-games round-robin and play a championship game to top it off. Kansas is the type of program that needs to schedule 4 non-conference cupcakes and then go 2-6 in conference and get to a bowl game to start building some momentum. I think you'll see some 3-9s and 4-8s for the first three years of his regime there. He'll have a leash because he's Les Miles, but the Big 12 is too deep.

I would have held out for North Carolina, which is a job where if you hit some big recruits, you can easily soar past the mushy middle of the ACC and into the top 25. It wouldn't take much, and Larry Fedora is 2 seasons removed from being 11-1, which might as well be ancient history at this point. UNC has been one of the most unlucky teams of the last two years, but they've lost momentum and their recruiting is taking a hit. Fedora's gone.

And then Illinois will probably be open, but you don't want the job at Illinois with all of the coaching talent in the Big 10. Louisville not really ideal right now. Colorado is a so-so gig. And then USC will be open but they're going to go big. My early pick is Jack Del Rio.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”