Mountaineers Dodge a Bullet

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mountaineers Dodge a Bullet

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:49 pm

The West Virginia University Mascot is a late 1700 early 1800 impersonation of that era’s folks who explored and settled the region which is now the State of West Virginia. The Mountaineer is dressed in buckskins, wears a Coonskin Cap, and is adorned with a powder horn, a Possibles Pouch and carries a musket.

From what I’ve seen of the Mountaineers in the last 6 quarters of play, I believe it would be a good idea if Coach Holgorsen would enlist the Mountaineer Mascot to teach this freakin’ football team which end of a gun the bullet exits when fired. :oops:

In game quote from my lovely 89 year old mother: “What’s wrong with our boys? They act like they don’t know how to play football.”

In game note: At halftime the Mountaineers amassed 345 in total offense while the Jayhawks had 78 total yards........ Score ar halftime 21-7.

Post game quote from a contentious Coach Holgerson to end his presser as he walked away from the podium, “Guess I’ll just take our Sloppy Win and go home.”
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mountaineers Dodge a Bullet

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Nothing like a few turnovers to make you really nervous.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Spence wrote:Nothing like a few turnovers to make you really nervous.

Yeah, like THREE interceptions tossed in the endzone while deep inside the Red Zone after driving the ball down the field to get there. :x
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:14 pm

They have a couple games to tighten things up. Then it is the gauntlet to finish. WVU may have the toughest final four games to finish the season of anyone in the country. Get through it though and it should be an easy ride to the playoff.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”