I Taught Those Fellas

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I Taught Those Fellas

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Well, does anyone remember the Frank Reich Maryland over Miami comeback? The TE for Maryland was Ferrell Edmunds. He coaches the high school football team right next to the middle school I teach at. I taught two of his three sons. The ones that went to Virginia Tech and one transferred to Maryland I think. Two are playing in the NFL now.

So, just wondering if any of you have met some college football greats through business, travels, and the like.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: I Taught Those Fellas

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:28 pm

/

I have met too many to count. I live in South Bend, and so many have come through over the years. But they almost always seem so business like when here. I do remember Tony Rice being extremely down to Earth comparatively.

Those I met in the Miami area were all real people. No posturing there. Just straight forward, and willing to have open normal conversations.

I think it has something to do with perception of atmosphere.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:26 pm

My first meeting of a Pro Football player was circa 1960, Eddie LeBaron for the Dallas Cowboys. Basketball was AC Green and College Football was Terry Baker from Oregon State. Since then...a bunch most of them retired. One thing in common, they all have very large hands.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Yes, Ferrell Edmunds' hands are very massive. I shake his hand, and mine are buried in his.

Return to “General Discussion”