Hey Derek do you know who this is?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Hey Derek do you know who this is?

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:43 pm

241E060D-70D5-4740-A229-E22F3E418C50.jpeg
Herschel

I got to meet him today. He is a good guy.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Re: Hey Derek do you know who this is?

Postby Dossenator » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:49 pm

I think he used to play football. I hear he was pretty good:)
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 pm

HOW did you snap that picture!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Such a legend!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 pm

I got to meet him at a show I attended this week. He owns a chicken company called Renaissance Man Foodservices. we he saw I was from Ohio he asked if I was a Buckeye and when I told him yes he said “I won’t hold that against you”. He said that he told one of his buddies that Ohio State would beat Penn State because Penn State just couldn’t get the knockout punch. I talked to him for quite a while. He seems like a really good guy. We were talking about Franklin hand off the ball instead of putting the game in McSorley’s hands; I told him the only way that woulfthave worked were if they gave him that ball. He was signing things and talking to people. I don’t really do autographs of selfie pictures, but I did get the picture after I walked away. We talked some football and about his time at Georgia. Just I really good guy.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Spence wrote:I got to meet him at a show I attended this week. He owns a chicken company called Renaissance Man Foodservices. we he saw I was from Ohio he asked if I was a Buckeye and when I told him yes he said “I won’t hold that against you”. He said that he told one of his buddies that Ohio State would beat Penn State because Penn State just couldn’t get the knockout punch. I talked to him for quite a while. He seems like a really good guy. We were talking about Franklin hand off the ball instead of putting the game in McSorley’s hands; I told him the only way that woulfthave worked were if they gave him that ball. He was signing things and talking to people. I don’t really do autographs of selfie pictures, but I did get the picture after I walked away. We talked some football and about his time at Georgia. Just I really good guy.

I am IMMENSELY jealous about this!! :wink:

Glad you enjoyed talking with him. He's still a wonderful ambassador for Ga. He's still a hero years later...
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:05 pm

http://renmanfoods.com/

This is the website to his business if you want to check it out. He really does seem like a good guy. He took pictures with everyone who wanted one for all three days we were there. It had to be getting old. but he did it. I didn't get a picture with him. That really isn't my thing, but it was cool to talk to him.

Return to “General Discussion”