LSU -v- Auburn

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:57 pm

/
Looking ahead a bit ...

Okay, we all know what we expect from Alabama . And, we all are likely correct. However; Alabama has not played anyone really of note yet [let's face it, Louisville without Jackson was almost not worth watch against the Tide].

After this weekend, the best team Alabama will have played will either be the Cardinals [week 1] or the Ole Miss Rebels [this week].

LSU & Auburn, on the other hand, will be playing each other, ranked #7 & #12 respectively.

Auburn defeated #6 Washington [week 1]
LSU defeated #8 Miami [week 1]

And so, the winner of this game will have two top 15 wins in the first 3 weeks of the season.

Based on the present competition that has been played, should the winner of this game be Ranked #1 ..? We always say, let them play it out on the field. In this case, it will have been. And if we are going to give consideration positioned by resume as a model of criteria, who then will have a better case?

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ... and then it becomes regulation ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for one worthy soul:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy

Mountainman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Mountainman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:33 pm

No one would have a better case........ but then again, I don’t know what a fumble is anymore, I don’t know what a catch is anymore, I don’t know how rankings are formulated, I don’t know how committees select playoff teams, I don’t know what strength of schedule is anymore. And now that we have milli-second technology in the video equipment, I now have to wait for the replay guys to tell me what I just saw. :roll:

Scheduling was one of my ‘Gripes and Grumbles’ before the season began..... and I do believe the NCAA needs to step in and address it NOW.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:48 pm

The NCAA will never do anything about scheduling because they like the buzz that is generated by those of us who argue about it continuously. There is no reason for a team like Alabama to schedule better. They are using the old Notre Dame scheduling model. They play four good games a year. Two of which are very tough games. They allow at least a week between all hard games and then say they play a tough schedule, but they control the timing of the games. You can't blame them for taking advantage of their position. They have proven to be an elite program over the last decade. They are probably the best team in the nation this year regardless of who they play. We would all like to have a trophy room like they have created.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 8321
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:41 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Mountainman wrote:No one would have a better case........ but then again, I don’t know what a fumble is anymore, I don’t know what a catch is anymore, I don’t know how rankings are formulated, I don’t know how committees select playoff teams, I don’t know what strength of schedule is anymore. And now that we have milli-second technology in the video equipment, I now have to wait for the replay guys to tell me what I just saw. :roll:

Scheduling was one of my ‘Gripes and Grumbles’ before the season began..... and I do believe the NCAA needs to step in and address it NOW.


You are spot on except for the solution. The NCAA caused the problem and is ludicrous, for reason Spence says to expect they will solve it. I believe, and could be wrong, that the College Presidents need to cowboy up and take hold and stop the insanity. They are the greatest gathering of Eunuchs in the history of the world. (Mr. Billybud will find some data on Eunuch gatherings and blow me out of the water...)

Yikes....there are Eunuch gatherings...". There have now been ten annual gatherings of the Eunuch Archive community in Minneapolis and several regional gatherings at other locations across the United States. There is growing awareness of eunuch as a gender identity among those who frequent the site (Wassersug, McKenna, and Lieberman 2012" Must be College President conferences.
As I age it is hard to tell if I am inspired by reasoned passion or arthritic knees; most likely it is arthritic reasoning.

Mountainman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Spence wrote:The NCAA will never do anything about scheduling because they like the buzz that is generated by those of us who argue about it continuously. There is no reason for a team like Alabama to schedule better. They are using the old Notre Dame scheduling model. They play four good games a year. Two of which are very tough games. They allow at least a week between all hard games and then say they play a tough schedule, but they control the timing of the games. You can't blame them for taking advantage of their position. They have proven to be an elite program over the last decade. They are probably the best team in the nation this year regardless of who they play. We would all like to have a trophy room like they have created.




Yep, there’s a bunch of them out there playing the system, as opposed to playing the game.

I see where there are Power 5 schools with 8 Power 5 games...... and I also see ESPN already running spots about the BEST TEAMS and COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS.

What I need is a Good Ole Loudmouthed, Grandstanding, Radical Politician to holler “COLLUSION!!!!! COLLUSION!!!!! COLLUSION!!!!!” Maybe that’ll work..... :roll:
Last edited by Mountainman on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Mountainman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 pm

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:No one would have a better case........ but then again, I don’t know what a fumble is anymore, I don’t know what a catch is anymore, I don’t know how rankings are formulated, I don’t know how committees select playoff teams, I don’t know what strength of schedule is anymore. And now that we have milli-second technology in the video equipment, I now have to wait for the replay guys to tell me what I just saw. :roll:

Scheduling was one of my ‘Gripes and Grumbles’ before the season began..... and I do believe the NCAA needs to step in and address it NOW.


You are spot on except for the solution. The NCAA caused the problem and is ludicrous, for reason Spence says to expect they will solve it. I believe, and could be wrong, that the College Presidents need to cowboy up and take hold and stop the insanity. They are the greatest gathering of Eunuchs in the history of the world. (Mr. Billybud will find some data on Eunuch gatherings and blow me out of the water...)

Yikes....there are Eunuch gatherings...". There have now been ten annual gatherings of the Eunuch Archive community in Minneapolis and several regional gatherings at other locations across the United States. There is growing awareness of eunuch as a gender identity among those who frequent the site (Wassersug, McKenna, and Lieberman 2012" Must be College President conferences.



Holy Moley...... are you talking about guards at harem house or ineffectual people??? :lol:
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:32 pm

And that is true. We may think we know who the best teams are and most will pan out, but most haven't played enough good games for anyone to know. I have heard that Ohio State has been the most dominate team to play this year --- really---- and we know that because they did to Oregon State and Rutgers what almost every team in the top 15 would have don't to them. You have to have a game somewhere to see what you are comparing. Maybe this week will be that game for Ohio State and TCU. Washington Auburn looked like a good bellwether game to me. Something to at least look back on as the season progresses. Most teams will have a couple of those games, but the experts who think they know something now, really don't.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 am

Today is a New Day!!! So I’ll cease my Griping and Grumbling about what’s happened to the great game of College Football. A simple game, where groups of people come together and strive to plot and ploy strategy, hone their skills and measure their success by either advancing or prevent the advancing of a ball across the Alumni Stripe or between a set of goalposts.

A game of known goals and objectives governed by strict rules and known penalties enforced by SEVEN officials with the aid and verification of video replays, pylon cams, sideline cams, end line cams, goalpost cams and sky cams to ensure the integrity of the game and to help determine the correct game winner.

........and then come to realize that the integrity of the game has not been lost, but has been sold to the highest bidder by the Eunuchs who govern the game.

And with that, Your Honor, I rest my case...... :wink:
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

User avatar
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 8321
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:41 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am

Your Honor,

May I add this as an amicus curiae brief. I then have to read this message board so I can get a clear vision of what I thought I saw was not so and what was explained to really meant...

(Waiting for the Right Honorable Magistrate Mr. Billy Bud to enter.)
As I age it is hard to tell if I am inspired by reasoned passion or arthritic knees; most likely it is arthritic reasoning.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 9955
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Jeez guys...

Alabama's final SOS was #6 last year...that's good enough.

Year before...#1

Year before that...#1

Year before that...#2
Some light is so intense that it can only be experienced as darkness

User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 pm

billybud wrote:Jeez guys...

Alabama's final SOS was #6 last year...that's good enough.

Year before...#1

Year before that...#1

Year before that...#2


Post Playoff :wink:

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ... and then it becomes regulation ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for one worthy soul:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

My gut told me to pick LSU, but I went against it. I will see if my gut was right.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:42 pm

/

I was going to change my pick to LSU, but change my TCU/OSU pick instead.

I just think I dunno enough yet.

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ... and then it becomes regulation ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for one worthy soul:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy

Mountainman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Mountainman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:37 pm

The only pick I changed was Army instead of Hawaii, just got to thinking about the time zone difference for the Rainbows...... in any event, I should have changed more, GaTech and Baylor would have been a good start.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

Re: LSU -v- Auburn

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:10 pm

/

3rd quarter, 4:56 left on the clock.

Auburn is winning 21-10

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ... and then it becomes regulation ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for one worthy soul:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests