Week 1 Musing

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Week 1 Musing

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:53 am

Spence wrote:Did you tell your wife she shouldnt talk to you that way. :wink:

Well......after experiencing a sweltering day and over a hour long weather delay on an even hotter concourse that was jam packed with overheated fans, and a group decision to walk back to the hotel rather than wait on the shuttles after the game and 3 maybe 4 shots of 1792 Small Batch Straight Bourbon Whiskey at pool side........ what alternatives would have been more appropriate for a Happy Mountaineer Fan????

At least now my friends and family will have yet another story to add to their ‘Old Story’ list....... :D

P.S. There were some Tennessee Fans around the pool also, and some were overheard saying that my wife’s punishment was “not profound enough”. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm

:lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 pm

billybud wrote:I guess FSU has to get into the turnover prop act...

My choice......hang a scalp on the belt for each take away...maybe dabbed with red paint (the havoc that would cause!)

Or...since some folks like to type F$U instead of FSU...just award a $ sign for the helmet for a take away.

Or...let's just go old school and pat a player as he comes out after snaring a TO Yep..that'd be the one..

And now FSU has a Turnover Backpack. Or as they like to propagate it, carrying the bag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyElYhYjC-0

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”