Friday Night Games

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Friday Night Games

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 pm

/

Well, so far, only 1 game seems interesting.

Syracuse is dominating Western Michigan --- Army is trying to lose, by fumbling the game away to Duke.

But, Utah State just took a 14-13 lead over #11 Michigan State. Sparty has the ball with under 1 minute left in the 2cnd quarter.

San Diego State @ #13 Stanford and Western Kentucky @ #4 Wisconsin both kick off in 40 minutes.

The Rocky Mountain Showdown is tonight between the Colorados Kicks off @ 9:30.

And this is just the preliminary to the Weekend.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Friday Night Games

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 pm

/

Michigan State just took the lead with 28 seconds left in the first half.

This game is looking like a shootout in the making.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:55 pm

/

Mighta spoke too soon about that Syracuse Western Michigan game.

W. Michigan has come from being down 34-7, to 34-21, and they have the ball.

Yep, they just scored a TD while I was typing this. Syracuse's lead is down to 34-28.

From a run away, to a one possession game. This is becoming something fun to watch.

Now a fight has broken out between the teams. Two players have been ejected.

There's still 4 and a half minutes in the 3rd quarter.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:13 pm

/

Crazy, Syracuse & Western have exchanged touchdowns. And there is still 1 minute left in the 3rd.

the Cuse has it on the 1 yard line.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 pm

That Utah State Mich State game was a fun finish. Utah State had the lead, MSU answers, Utah St starts driving back down the field. A good pass rush gets the INT to seal the win. Almost had our first top 15 upset of the season.

Cane from the Bend wrote: Army is trying to lose, by fumbling the game away to Duke.

Yes that was a very sloppy game for Army. I liked the added passing attempts. At a certain point they had no choice but 1st play from scrimmage and a couple other times in the 1st half. I think as the season goes, it would be nice to see. Army plays a transitioning Liberty team next week before hosting Hawaii. The defense needs to take major strides prior to that game.

Its still early but Colorado is looking strong in the Rocky Mountain Showdown. Colo State got a pick but they are struggling to do anything offensively so far.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:54 am

/

I just noticed that Colorado will be playing Nebraska next week in Lincoln.

I like seeing this, when teams who are traditional rivals schedule each other even when they are no longer affiliated by conference ties. The Colorado/Nebraska game goes all the way back to 1898. They last met on the field in 2010, with Nebraska winning the game, 45–17.

Now, as much as I appreciate that these teams will step back onto the field to face off again; what in the world is Colorado thinking..? They open the Season by starting their first two games against their to biggest rivals back to back. That can be taxing.

Good thing for them that they are crushing the Rams, 45-10 right now. Because had this been a close game, they might've been exhausted going into next week. Instead, they'll have some enthusiasm.

Colorado State, on the other hand, has back to back SEC teams for opponents in the next two weeks; Arkansas in Fort Collins, then on the road in Gainesville vs the gators.

The Rams might very well be 0-4 after August 15th.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:I like seeing this, when teams who are traditional rivals schedule each other even when they are no longer affiliated by conference ties. The Colorado/Nebraska game goes all the way back to 1898. They last met on the field in 2010, with Nebraska winning the game, 45–17.

I really enjoy the fact they are playing again. And I agree it can be a fun rivalry I would like to see resume. With regard to having Colorado get these two rivals right away, with bloated conferences and conf title games, its hard to schedule this game somewhere else. I would like to see more of these classic rivalries resume. It is a rough start for the Buffs, but with New Hampshire and a bye, they should be ready for conf play.

Stanford took care of San Diego State last night. It was close for a while, and SDSU did a great job stopping Bryce Love. Eventually they just couldnt move the ball enough to give the defense a chance. Hard to stop a team when your punting from inside your 20 every possession. Stanford was the better team.

Return to “General Discussion”