Pretty Funny

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Pretty Funny

Postby Dossenator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:00 am

Pretty funny stuff....the season has finally arrived:

https://www.facebook.com/secshortsaldotcom/videos/241867146473758/
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Pretty Funny

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 am

Gotta just love those fans down there in SEC Country....... I saw the results of a telephonic poll taken in that part of the country about, “What are 5 most important things in your life?”.

The results:

1. College Football
2. College Football
3. College Football
4. College Football
5. God, Family, and ‘Bobby-Q’ tied for 5th.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm

:lol: :lol: Bobby-Q
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm a big fan of Bobby Q myself. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:11 pm

What is Bobby Q?
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:05 am

Dossenator wrote:What is Bobby Q?

Danged if I know, I thought it was Steakhouse chain in Arizona...actually good food...
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:06 am

Half the rib joints in Tallahassee serve Bobby-Q. And Bowden Burgers.

And some still serve Spurrier toast...you know..S...t on a shingle.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:57 am

Bet all y’all didn’t know yer a-takin to a bilingual Hillbilly...... I’m fluent in both languages, both hillbilly and southern, and can carryon a conversation with youins in the Midwest too. Sadly though, I just cannot understand a dag gum thang that comes out of a Californian’s mouth. :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 am

Let me hep ya wit that Left Coast stuff...Take Donavan for instance...

"Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. "

Meaning: we ain't gonna win a national championship, Bama probably will.

"I don't believe in the moon landing conspiracy theory. I don't believe in Big Foot. I do believe in the East Coast Bias."

Meaning: we ain't gonna win the national championship. Bama probably will.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am

And more from Donovan...

"Bacon had it correct. "Truth must be reasoned from first principles." In this case, the first principle is the system is corrupt and all the meandering verbiage does not change that fact."

Meaning...we ain't gonna win the national championship. Bama probably will.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:49 am

Dossenator wrote:What is Bobby Q?

It’s the remains of various parts of a butchered pig that have been properly seasoned and subjected to 200-210 degrees of heat for somewhere between 4-6 hours. :wink:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm

There is no greater disdain for Californians than exists with the residents of the Pacific Northwest.

SOS...Was I the only guy in the military to like it?

... and speaking of truth, ESPN has already written off every school West of East save Washington's token mention.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24515233/the-fourteen-teams-win-college-football-playoff
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Well, the espn's of the world [established subjugation propaganda narrative] had started the, which conference has the best chance to get two of its teams into the Tournament.

And the discussion only included the SEC & B1G 10. And all of the circumstances that would give which conference the best chance for that scenario.

They categorically proclaimed both the Big XII & the Pac-12 had no chance of having two teams in; But made sure to let us know, those conferences had the best chance of being Omitted altogether from the playoff.

The conversations never mention the ACC at all.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”