3 Hours ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 3 Hours ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 pm

/

6 point game, with 4:42 on the clock.

So glad College Football is back. If Colorado St holds up defensively, they could take the lead by 1 with a TD and extra point.

Hawaii is not a ball control type team. So, this drive is for the game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:15 pm

/

Hawaii kicks a successful field goal with 44 seconds left, going up by 9.

I have to say, Colorado State did a nice job of making a game out of things. But they took just a little too long to get things going.

Good Win Hawaii!

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 am

I am not sure why I don't trust my instincts. Teams go over to Hawaii, if they have not been there before and are not tightly controlled, they lose all kinds of focus. Never good to bet against Hawaii on an opener played in Honolulu. So I would say at the start of this year we collectively "suck."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 am

/
If this game would have been played in Hawaii, I would have chosen them to win the game. I almost did anyway, but convinced myself, Hawaii is not good enough off of the Island to compete with Colorado State's home opener crowd.

I think Nick Rolovich assumed Colorado State would have played harder, too. Because if you'd have told him that his team would be up by 30 points in the 2cnd quarter, I doubt he would have went for it on 4th & goal inside the 10. He likely would've just kicked the field goal.

It was a gutsy call. And it may have been what won them the game. Taking the initiative to go after it on the first drive of the game, really sends a message to your team that you're here to win, not just play.

There was some really decent football tonight ... up until the last game.

Shoot, New Mexico St didn't even get past the 50 until 2 minutes left in the game, and Wyoming had all of their second tam defensive players on the field. The score was 29-0 before the Aggies finally got into the end zone with 1:15 on the clock. Wyoming ran for over 300 yards on `em.

Worse off, New Mexico State has to go to Minnesota on a short week, to play the Gophers this upcoming Thursday Night.

As for Hawaii; they get to go back home and prepare for a visit from the Navy.

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:21 am

I don't even know where the games are being played....

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:53 am

That's Okay, as long as you know where you are.... :wink:

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

That's Okay, as long as you know where you are.... :wink:

...and that's day to day.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Shoot, New Mexico St didn't even get past the 50 until 2 minutes left in the game, and Wyoming had all of their second tam defensive players on the field. The score was 29-0 before the Aggies finally got into the end zone with 1:15 on the clock. Wyoming ran for over 300 yards on `em.

Worse off, New Mexico State has to go to Minnesota on a short week, to play the Gophers this upcoming Thursday Night.

That surprised me. I thought that was going to be a good game. I've heard some positive things about NMSU coming into the season and Wyoming is a bit of a wild card for the MT West. Craig Bohl is very good at defensive/time management assignments. His teams often just grind the will right out of a d-line.

Come on Thursday. I'm ready for more!

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:30 pm

/

highfly24 wrote:Come on Thursday. I'm ready for more!

You and me both ...

If anyone wants some filler to while away the time before Thursday, you can watch the Duquesne @ UMass game, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1y9mqUiJZo

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”