3 Hours ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

3 Hours ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:39 pm

/

College Football is Back today, and the first Kickoff will be @ 5:30 this afternoon. 2:30 if you're living on the edge of the map, like Donovan.

Here is Today's line up of games:
Duquesne @ UMass --- 5:30 PM
North Carolina A&T @ Jacksonville State --- 7:00 PM
Prairie View @ Rice --- 7:00 PM
Hawai'i @ Colorado State --- 7:30 PM
Wyoming @ New Mexico State --- 10:00 PM

Four of the 5 feature FBS schools. Two of which will be FBS teams facing one another, and one being a Mountain West Conference match up.

To get into the spirit of things here's a quick look at the Venues many will be attending this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgU5W28GRo

[Spence, turn your volume off until 2:11] :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 3 Hours ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 pm

/

Now, Let's get the Blood pumping, and get your game face on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEivUpbwnv0

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:26 pm

WOW! Cane, if I had a product to sell, you would be the man. This made me so ready.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:30 pm

St. Thomas Aquinas Vs Dematha is the game I am watching....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 pm

billybud wrote:St. Thomas Aquinas Vs Dematha is the game I am watching....

Does that count for going church this week? There is something about high school football that brings out some of my best memories over the years.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:15 pm

/

I don't know if anyone else has been watching, but Prairie View is sure taking it to Rice.

After starting off scoring on their first three drives, 2 Touchdowns [the second of which they missed the extra point], followed by 2 field goals, Prairie View came storming back with 3 Touchdowns [transfer wide receiver from Oregon is befuddling the Owls].

Prairie View took the lead 21-19 just before the half. They took the lead with a 30 second drive that left 6 seconds in the first half.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Not watching the Rice PVAM game, but have been watching Hawaii. That QB looks pretty good tonite. He is mobile and made some really nice decisions. They are really putting it on Colo State and I'm not sure many ppl would've expected that. Still lots of time but the Rams defense hasnt shown much to believe a comeback is coming. Not saying Hawaii is gonna be great but this is a nice conference win for them to start the season, as long as they hold on.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Man, Prairie View was up 28-19 in the 4th ... then, with the ball, they fumbled on a bad exchange, Rice recovered, scoring a Touchdown. The next drive, Prairie View has a bad snap on a punt attempt, fumbling the ball into the end zone, where the punter just takes it out of the back of the end zone for a safety.

Tie game, and Prairie View has to punt.

Rice had decent field position. This is some game.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:54 pm

/
4th & 1 ... Rice is going to go for it. A timeout was called, so they went to commercial. There is about 7 and a half minutes left.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:56 pm

highfly24 wrote:Not watching the Rice PVAM game, but have been watching Hawaii. That QB looks pretty good tonite. He is mobile and made some really nice decisions. They are really putting it on Colo State and I'm not sure many ppl would've expected that. Still lots of time but the Rams defense hasnt shown much to believe a comeback is coming. Not saying Hawaii is gonna be great but this is a nice conference win for them to start the season, as long as they hold on.

I agree ... I've been watching this game on & off. Hawaii is looking better than I expected. I thought Col State would have a decent team this season. But right now, you're right. That defense looks confused. Sort of the way you'd expect Hawaii's defense to play.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:11 pm

/
Now, I've seen some ridiculous things happen in college football games. The Rams seem to have found some life. But they need to step up here on defense to have any sort of a chance to do something special.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:17 pm

/
Woa! That was crazy!

Rice tries running the ball into the end zone with under 10 seconds left, with the runner being tackled with 3 seconds and the clock ticking. They get the time out called with 2 seconds. They kick a field goal to win.

That was a fun game.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 pm

/

Colorado State is making a game of this. If Hawaii's offense can't get things going here, they may be dead in the water.

The Rams are scoring fast, and the Warriors D looks gassed.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:27 pm

/

O'Boy ... Hawaii fumbles. Colorado State recovers. Hawaii calls their second timeout.

It's still a 17 lead. But there is quite a bit of time left here in the 4th.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”