FBS Team Locations ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

FBS Team Locations ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 am

Can you name each FBS team by their location on a map..?

https://www.sporcle.com/games/myitbos/fbs-locations

Here you have 20 minutes to type in the names of the teams where a map of the U.S. is shown [without State names], and circular blips with each team's location.

When you stat, a red tab will appear over one of the blips, and you attempt to type that school's name in. There is a skip button if you get stuck.

Take notice, where you type in the school name, it will also tell you which conference that team is in, the red tab is currently on.

The Average score is 69% [89.7 teams of 130]

Good Luck!

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: FBS Team Locations ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:51 am

Okay, this one was down right frustrating.

Not because the locations were amiss to me. But the map size was too small, so I couldn't gauge correctly where some of the schools were when highlighted.

I kid you not, I typed in Notre Dame 8 times in a row, because the tab legitimately looked as though it was over the top of South Bend. The blips were simply too close together, when I finally realized it could be a Michigan team, so I typed in Western Michigan, and it was right.

I've tried this a few times, and got 84 teams. I'm going to attempt this one again on my desktop, because I think my laptop screen may be too small to see every location when lit. So many of the teams are clustered together that you almost can't see through the mess.

The saving grace for this, was the conference name being given next to the type box. Otherwise this would be just too unbearable.

Something else to note, if you are going to attempt this more than once. This is Not randomly generated. It replays the teams in the exact same order every time.

I'll post my updated score after I switch and attempt to do this on the bigger screen.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: FBS Team Locations ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 am

I got 108 of 130 [83.077%] ...

I was doing well, up until I looked at the clock, which caused me to lapse a little. At 10:30 left, I had 65 teams in. So I lost a few minutes thereafter, as I went from ahead of the clock, to behind it.

It was still slightly difficult to see some of the blips. Again, the conference name listed next to the text box helped out quite a bit.

I might give this another go in a day or two. But, 83% will suffice for now.

There seem to be more of this map location challenge, done by conferences. I'll check `em out and post them.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”