Longhorns Loosing Young

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Perriloux went to LSU at the last second. We have Colt McCoy. No one will ever have another Vince, but remember, without Mack Brown, there would not be a VY, name me another coach that after a loss, goes up to a QB and says, "Stop trying to do it our way, do it your way".

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:21 am

I don't know either, it's not exactly a recipe for success to have a Freshman defend your title for you. But screw it...Go Horns, NC '05 & '06

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Yeah, that was an amazing stop Vince Young had on LenDale White. And the time managent that Vince performed for the USC coaches was great. That was brilliant him calling timeout for the Trojans with 19 seconds left on the 2-point conversion. Way to go Vince. Oh man, and that touchdown saving interception Vince made against Matt Leinart, when he made one of the most athletic plays we've seen a DB do all season. Oh, and my favorite play all game...when Vince Young, while playing safety hit your Fullback so hard he came out of the game. You know what a fullback is right, supposed to be the toughest guy on the field. Oh man, and when Vince Young handed off to Vince Young, and he broke a tackle at the line of schrimmage, then ran 30 yards for a touchdown. Oh, and when Vince Young dropped back, 4th and 5, the national championship game on the line, and Vince Young knocked down two different trojans onto the ground from the offensive tackle position. You're right, Vince Young did everything! We're nothing without him!

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Riche, you'd fit right in here in Cleveland as a Brown's fan, especially with all this talk about "Next Year". I bet you loved it last year, you know when your team won the championship, you know the exact opposite of losing, ya know, what they did this year.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:29 pm

oh, waaayy longer than that.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:57 pm

I'm a tried and convicted bandwagoner when it comes to the Spurs. The Cavs are really fun to root for since we got LeBron.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:01 am

I think the two biggest reasons it's hard to have a dynasty in football in this age:

1) The coaches. There isn't very many men that get into football coaching that dream of being a lifelong assistant. The more games you win, the more money people offer you to come to their school. That is the career path to being a head coach. USC lot Norm, and wasn't able to win again, OU lost their guy, Texas will only be able to keep Chizik for so long. There is always going to be turnover.

2) When you are a starter on a team that wins the national championship, you are going to start every game until you graduate, or leave for the NFL, so eventually you start losing the recruiting game in key positions. That is what is going on with Texas right now, Ryan Perriloux was going to come to Texas, but he didn't want to come in behind Vince Young. Emmanuel Moody had committed to Texas, until Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, and Henry Melton started making highlights, why come to Texas where they are returning 3 lettermen? He changed and went to USC, where the two starters are going to the NFL.

Few high profile people have the type of loyalty of the past. I think OU's win streak record will always be in place. It is tough to say always on here, but I'll stand by that.

Return to “General Discussion”