Spring Practice 2018

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Spring Practice 2018

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

I caught some of the Ohio St spring game, and the qb's looked pretty exciting.

Not sure how much can be taken from the spring outings. Though, some were fun to watch.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

I caught some of the Ohio St spring game, and the qb's looked pretty exciting.

Not sure how much can be taken from the spring outings. Though, some were fun to watch.

Yep, if the offense does well you worry about the defense. If the defense looks good you wonder if you can score at all. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Ga had a packed house for the spring game. The crowds are usually pretty good anyways, but this year was different.

Gonna be harder than ever to get tickets this year! It's a good problem to have IMO. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm

This is all I have to say on this subject.....I do not want to see Alabama in any playoffs. Tired of them.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 pm

donovan wrote:This is all I have to say on this subject.....I do not want to see Alabama in any playoffs. Tired of them.

Agreed. I'm SOO SICK of Bama fans and their Roll Tide!! It can be a thread on Gardening on some Internet Forum and they show up with Roll Tide.

It's becoming apparent that they are the new Oklahoma or Notre Dame that get the benefit of the doubt before the year has started. I'm so mad that they even made the playoffs still. Don't know if I will ever quit fuming about it. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm

The do get the benefit of the doubt but they also close the deal at the end unlike the other two.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 pm

It's really a way to sort out where your players are, and develop competitive play for the starting positions. Coaches are able assess how well the players are adapting to new schemes and what they need to prioritize with regards to helping the players to establish execution fundamentals & proper technique.

It fleshes out the roster, and gives kind of a head start before summer break, then Autumn Practices.

It doesn't always happen, though occasionally, the starting QB from the previous season is bumped to being the backup.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Also: Welcome to the site BerythaBeasly.

The Spring and Summer are generally down ties for this forum, as we all tend to be easily distracted until Fall Football Season is here.

Most of us do check the site to see if anyone is posting; so if you have a topic you'd like to engage in (especially College Football), there will almost always be a member of this message board willing to chat.

i.e. we may seem to be in hibernation around here until the fall. But in reality, we are usually waiting for someone else to have something to say. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”