Jimbo....coaching reponsibility

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Jimbo....coaching reponsibility

Postby billybud » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 am

It now has turned out that Jimbo and his assistants stopped recruiting activities about two months before his official notice of leaving...

Top recruits have said that no one from FSU had contacted them in months....

Kind of a crummy way to slink out....sabotage a recruiting class...try to turn some when you get to A&M.

I guess the assistants must have been in the know or told to stand down since they stopped their recruiting activities as well.

Jimbo sure torched the bridges as he left town. They took his picture down that was next to Bobby's as a winner of an NC.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jimbo....coaching reponsibility

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 am

So I'm guessing he's not planning on coming back? 8)

That is kinda low.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 am

This doesn’t have anything to do with Fisher. What is disturbing to me is We send our kids to college to prepare them for life I know sports are about wins but there is a lot more in the big picture. I never wanted my kids to be influenced by people of low standards. Sure that get lost teachers and they learn to disregard what is not proper. Coaches are deified by players. Terrible. I have seen so many programs cleaned up but no wins and coach gone for wins at any cost. College presidents as a group are weaklings of the first order
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I never much cared for Jimbo Fisher. He had the Bobby B accent, but was far from the same man. My dad always told me that when you leave a job, leave if better than you found it. Leave it like you were coming in the next week. I have always tried to do that and even though it has been quite a few years since I have been in the market for employment, I expect the people work with me to do the same. Burning bridges never works out. It especially will come back and bite you in the butt in a the small fraternity that is college football. I predict that Jimbo Fisher will be out of college football in 10 years. At least not a head coach.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 am

I always thought Joe Paterno was a great teacher and role model for young men. Then the Sandusky scandal emerged and soon he was dead. Probably from a broken heart.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 pm

The Sandusky thing came up before Joe died. It was the reason he was fired. They fired Paterno for quieting the rumors. Whether or not Paterno actually knew what was up is unclear. Only that it was determined he should have known something was wrong. Kind of like the MSU doc for the Olympic committee. They think bad publicity is worse than whatever happened to the victims. They are wrong. So was Joe.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”