SEC! SEC! SEC!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SEC! SEC! SEC!!

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Derek wrote:
Spence wrote:
donovan wrote:Who would have known? Maybe you and Mr. Billybud could go on the road. I think Spence would manage you for 10%....errrr 15%.

15% and expenses of course.

Then you'll be eating a lot of McDonalds and Ramen Noodles. 8) 8)

:lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: SEC! SEC! SEC!!

Postby billybud » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 am

Derek wrote:
billybud wrote:Spence...I am coming along OK for the couple of months I've been learning...I have acquired a few guitars..a Martin, a Breedlove (arrived yesterday) and a Michael Kelly electric...if I don't learn how to play, I can become a collector.

And then there is the ancillary equipment...amp, mike, pedal, cords, etc.

I have sung my middle age love song to my beloved...Magnolia Wind
"I'd rather sleep in a box...like a bum in the street
Than a fine feather bed...without your little ole cold feet

And I'd rather be deaf...dumb, and stone blind
than know that your mornings would never be mine.

Nice guitar. I like the Martin sound.

I play bass at local churches. I have a 78 Fender P-bass (my pride and all original), a 5-string Ibanez, and a fretless bass that I don't think I've touched in 10+ years.

You can not beat a Martin dreadnought for tone and projection...but, I tell you, the Breedlove Stage Concert (Rosewood and Sitka) has a really nice tone for a finger picking size guitar ( a little smaller than the dreadnought body).

I have plucked a couple of the guys basses while they chuckle...but I do not see how you can move from a fretted to a fretless...the finger placement is different and your muscle memory starts hiccupping...the Michael Kelly fretless that I messed with was a beautiful acoustic bass. however.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”