Firestorm at UL

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Firestorm at UL

Postby Swamp Daddy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:27 pm

It would be difficult to describe in detail the events of this year in basketball. After the second or third large scandal coach Petino is fired :roll: . This did not bother me that much as I thought he should have been let go a few years back after his personal scandal :( . But the university also axed AD Tom Jurich which is a huge loss. His main crime being loyalty to coach Petino. That mess has yet to be resolved and may take years.

The football team was expected to be pretty good but they had a mid-season relapse and lost 3 games they should not have lost. But they recovered and won three straight at the end and eased fans woes by smashing rival Kentucky 44-17 :wink: . Bowl game with Mississippi State looks interesting; QB Lamar Jackson is better than last year but though the Heisman trophy is supposed to be an individual award it usually goes to someone on the best team or a hot one at the end. So, he got shafted there. :oops:

A poor way to sum up a season but I can top Billy Bud in years and have had enough other things going on that I have not posted much this year. :evil:

Life waits on no one, Swamp Daddy 8)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Firestorm at UL

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 pm

darn...and here I thought that only Donovan and dirt were older than I am...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:09 pm

You guys make me feel like a spring chicken. I feel like tripping and watching 2001 again.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 am

I respect Lamar Jackson, and his skill. His potential is pretty remarkable --- I do not know that he got shafted, though. If you replace Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma, I do not believe the Sooners win as many games as they did this year.

The are several examples of how a exceptional quarterback can make a stellar offense shine; all while, an offense loaded to the hilt with talent, is wasted do to lack of quarterback efficiency.

Miami is certainly in the latter boat. If Rosier throws 2 balls accurately to wide open receivers during the Pitt game, the Hurricanes win.

A guy like Mayfield doesn't miss those passes. and the rest of his team feeds off of his energy.

That's not to say Jackson wasn't good enough to win the Heisman. I just believe the Mayfield was as good & important to his team, as Jackson was to Louisville.

Old Ducker wrote:You guys make me feel like a spring chicken. I feel like tripping and watching 2001 again.

If you find your way back there, send me an invite ... 2001 was certainly a football year to remember in my book. :wink:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”