Ohio State-USC in the Cotton Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State-USC in the Cotton Bowl

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Traditional matchup. Just not where we would like to play it. I’m not big on Dallas. I like billy bob’s in Fort Worth.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Ohio State-USC in the Cotton Bowl

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

The consolation bowl...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Yeah. I like the match up. It is the team we should be playing. Not the place though. it is a nice stadium, I just don't care much for Dallas. I've been there many times. It just doesn't have much character. I like Fort Worth ok. The Grapevine area is ok. Dallas is a lot like Columbus to me. Just bigger. I like the old unplanned cities. I'm probably going to skip this one. Being on a Friday night and only four days after Christmas, it makes it a rough trip. I would rather go to San Antonio than go to Dallas.
v

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm

This is a good matchup and will have good TV ratings. Will be a 7 point game with over under at hmmmm 49
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Spence wrote:Yeah. I like the match up. It is the team we should be playing. Not the place though. it is a nice stadium, I just don't care much for Dallas. I've been there many times. It just doesn't have much character. I like Fort Worth ok. The Grapevine area is ok. Dallas is a lot like Columbus to me. Just bigger. I like the old unplanned cities. I'm probably going to skip this one. Being on a Friday night and only four days after Christmas, it makes it a rough trip. I would rather go to San Antonio than go to Dallas.
v

I also like San Antone...I head back there every few years to pay my marriage tax and visit with mt wife's family...Sometimes we stay on the River Walk...sometimes out in Wimberly, Fredericksburg, etc. WE ride the Harley around Hill Country...eat with the cowboys in Bandera,

Our most interesting stay was at the Molsheim Mansion in Seguin,,,it has 'haints.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 pm

I will try that sometime.

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm

billybud wrote:
Spence wrote:Yeah. I like the match up. It is the team we should be playing. Not the place though. it is a nice stadium, I just don't care much for Dallas. I've been there many times. It just doesn't have much character. I like Fort Worth ok. The Grapevine area is ok. Dallas is a lot like Columbus to me. Just bigger. I like the old unplanned cities. I'm probably going to skip this one. Being on a Friday night and only four days after Christmas, it makes it a rough trip. I would rather go to San Antonio than go to Dallas.
v

I also like San Antone...I head back there every few years to pay my marriage tax and visit with mt wife's family...Sometimes we stay on the River Walk...sometimes out in Wimberly, Fredericksburg, etc. WE ride the Harley around Hill Country...eat with the cowboys in Bandera,

Our most interesting stay was at the Molsheim Mansion in Seguin,,,it has 'haints.

Billybud, would you mind listing your favorite places to stay and stuff to do around San Antonio? I am plotting a vacation...

Thanks!
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Return to “General Discussion”