Coaching Moves

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Coaching Moves

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 am

Florida...like Texas...is a no state income tax state...so I remain a Florida resident while spending much of my time in North Carolina...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 am

FSU really wants Odell Haggins (the long time FSU Associate Head Coach) to act as acting head coach in the game....but, FSU can not fire Jimbo...and Jimbo wants tp finish the season out with the last game...

Headlines on Warchant article...JIMBO ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT COACH SATURDAY

Jimbo really let the cat out of the bag at the press conference without meaning to...talking about wanting to win and keep the long 35 year bowl streak alive..."they...errr...we will go to a bowl game".

While still not declaring he is gone to the administration or fans...nobody is happy with Jimbo.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:53 am

The deal between Aggies and Jimbo Fisher has been done. Sources with knowledge of the process say 7.5 million /yr. For "Likely" 10 yrs. Negot. Began with at least 5 yrs..I am told he will arrive Sunday evening. Approval Monday followed by introduction @AggieFootball #Aggies

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am

And now word is that Jimbo has dug in his heels and insists on coaching Saturday....ugly it could get.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am

They don't have to fire him, they can keep him from being on the field. They just have to pay him. I would tell him to stay home.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 am

From afar sounds like two kids, Administration and Fisher, on the schoolyard playground. There are children starving and homeless abound and multi-millionaires paid for coaching a game are acting like spoiled brats.

Anything for TV ratings for a game that nobody outside of the Tallahassee city limits cares about.

Look how FSU handles a fan when Fisher is asked about loyalty at a news conference.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/30/a-florida-state-fan-asked-jimbo-fisher-a-good-question-about-loyalty-it-didnt-go-over-well/?utm_term=.3833ffea03b4

Seems to me this cleansing may be a good thing for FSU.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I saw that yesterday.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:26 pm

I'd be pretty annoyed with that guy pushing me several times in the backed, aggressively as I was willing leaving.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Spence wrote:They don't have to fire him, they can keep him from being on the field. They just have to pay him. I would tell him to stay home.

I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't they just suspend him with pay for the game..?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote:They don't have to fire him, they can keep him from being on the field. They just have to pay him. I would tell him to stay home.

I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't they just suspend him with pay for the game..?

What am I missing? Do you two believe that College Coaches have to do what their bosses say to do.?

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Looks like Fisher won!.

This is a commentary on America and the sad state of affairs. I someone can explain how these salaries are not immoral, please do so. Needs to stop, "We have nothing to lose but our chains.'

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21631488/jimbo-fisher-leaving-florida-state-accept-coaching-job-texas-am

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:04 pm

This isn't a Coach, but may have something to do with why things got so crazy at Tennessee.

John Currie, Athletics Director for the Vols, who was closing in on a deal to sign Mike Leach, and as he's entering his office, the Tennessee Administration fire him on the spot.

Currie was out of town in L.A. to interview Leach for the job, last night. Then he got a call with instructions not to broker the deal. He walked in the door at work this morning, and they axed him.

Knoxville is a cesspool right now.

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Cesspool is correct. And if Leach had any kind of verbal commitment, Tenn may be on the hook anyway. And has Leach burned his Washington State job?

Apparently, Currie was called back and told not to meet with Leach and he did it anyway...yikes.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu ... or-search/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm

I don’t have a problem with someone getting what they can get salary wise. What I have a problem with is the schools letting these guys get away with what they do. Good for Florida State for sending him on their way. Considering Fisher roamed the sidelines at a time when both Florida and Miami were down, he didn’t do as well as he should have done. He won’t bring A&M a national title IMO, especially if Texas starts getting back to national prominence.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:20 am

Willie Taggart really wants the FSU job....Deion Sanders is in his corner....Looks like WT is the frontrunner...Fuentes in second but back a few lengths.

Return to “General Discussion”