The U

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

The U

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:20 pm

The U is looking they are on their way back if they aren’t already back.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The U

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm

I might be losing my mind over here.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 pm

If Miami finishes this thing out ... and Bama loses ... with Georgia losing earlier today ... should MIAMI be #1 next week?

I know I may be getting ahead of myself here ... but I just thought I would asked your guys' opinion.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Bama escapes. If judging just on wins and schedule, Miami should be right there with Bama. Wisconsin is undefeated also.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 am

Nothing extraordinary about Alabama today.

Miami...Extraordinary
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 am

I think Miamibwill Be 2. Every team has a struggle with someone, Bama survived and based on that, the fact that they have been good since Cain killed Abel, and they lead in most team catagoies makes them 1. It really doesn’t matter whether you are one of four. As long as you are somewhere in that mix.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm

I was just wondering if Cane was feeling pretty good today!?!?
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm

:lol: It makes wearing my Miami gear much more rewarding today.

South Bend is really quiet about it right now. Yesterday, everyone had something to say to me. Now, nobody wants to have that conversation.

I'm trying to stay humble ... heaven knows, this same thing could easily happen if he Hurricanes have one off day in the next 3, even 4 games.

But, "Today", I'm smiling.

Cane... [__]

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

South Bend is really quiet about it right now. Yesterday, everyone had something to say to me. Now, nobody wants to have that conversation.

I'm trying to stay humble ... heaven knows, this same thing could easily happen if he Hurricanes have one off day in the next 3, even 4 games.

:D
I'd be hot dogging like crazy! If Miami should lose you just have to remind everyone...they beat Notre Dame! (Crushed Notre Dame!)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm

WoVeU wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:.

:D
I'd be hot dogging like crazy! If Miami should lose you just have to remind everyone...they beat Notre Dame! (Crushed Notre Dame!)

:lol: Yes, I could do that...

Well, that! And opening my Laptop, queuing up YouTube, clicking this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Y_lIwd3Xw

Asking them to relive the moment with me. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Well, we're 10-0 ...

Getting the win is nice. Having a defense that can keep you alive when hope seems fleeting is a blessing. Needing the defense to step up, because the offense is playing a little lackadaisical, is aggravating.

There were times that it felt as though Rosier just assumed his passes were infallible. He seemed liked a deer in the headlights when he threw those interceptions.

Our defense bent a bit. But, they held their ground when it became absolutely necessary. Getting into the backfield, sacking the quarterback late into the game. The d-line look as if they play better the deeper into the game, beating the opponents O-Line.

Many flaws today ... maybe Richt can turn on the light bulbs of the players' heads. You have to play every game with intensity, from start to finish, the way we beat ND.

Otherwise, someone "is" going to bring it all 4 quarters, and we won't be able to catch them from behind. It only takes one opponent ... It could very well be Pitt ... It more likely would happen against Clemson.

There is so much I am frustrated about [defense missing tackles, taking poor angles, playing out of position], I cannot spout it all off here.

Against notre dame, Miami had 5 sacks, 4 turnovers, 9 tackles for a loss & numerous no gain scrimmage line tackles --- Miami did not turn the ball over once, did not give up any sacks & had only 1 penalty the entire game [a 5 yard delay of game late in the game].

We need to be fired p to play anybody who steps in front of us ... whether @ home, or on the road, like next weekend.

All that being posted; Miami is 10-0 ... Mark Richt was 9-0 as a coach, for the first time in his career. Which means, he is now 10-0 for the first time ever.

In the end, the most important statistic after any game, is W/L ... and right now, it is all W's.

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Cane, you are beginning to sound like Spence!. Caution, make sure you don't jinx anything. We get it. Great job and keep going.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Miami reminds me of the 2001-2002 Ohio State team. Just win. Never pretty, no one expected them to win anything. How fitting that Miami's return to national prominence comes from a team that is so similar to that team.

Return to “General Discussion”