The Bulldogs and The Barn

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

The Bulldogs and The Barn

Postby Old Ducker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 pm

I didn't see that coming...that's what I like about college football. You just never know what's going to happen (Well unless it's Alabama)
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: The Bulldogs and The Barn

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 pm

The way Auburn played today, I feel it isn't a done deal with Bama.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Bama isn’t playing so well tonight either.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:28 pm

It wasn't that many years ago that Miss State wouldn't be the favorite playing themselves.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Old Ducker wrote:It wasn't that many years ago that Miss State wouldn't be the favorite playing themselves.

:lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 am

Old Ducker wrote:It wasn't that many years ago that Miss State wouldn't be the favorite playing themselves.

This is very true. :lol:

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Last night seemed to be all hype and very little substance. Auburn just destroyed Georgia right from the start. I think many were calling for Auburn to pull off the win but not in such lopsided fashion. Georgia could get a rematch if Auburn holds at home in the Iron Bowl.

Miami, who knew they had that in them. The game was never in doubt, unlike most of the season for Miami. They have turned it up the last couple weeks. ACC title game vs Clemson is set.

Ohio State--well that was a slaughtering. Didnt believe in Mich State prior to the Penn State game and I dont believe them now. They had one great weekend, congrats but they are an average team. OSU had a point to prove and did they ever. Wisconsin took care of their only test as these two continue on their collision path.

Oklahoma--I thought this was going to be a very good game and again we got a pretty one sided affair. Oklahoma controlled it the whole way. TCU had a chance to get back in it mid 2nd, and gave up a quick TD drive. The defense couldnt help an offense that was never going to keep up.

There were some great entertaining games thru out the day but the big time matchups, minus OK State/Iowa State, were not it. Unless of course your a fan of the dominating team.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

OK State- Iowa State was a great game...back and forth...anybody's game.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 pm

I've been in mourning all week...

If it's a close exciting game and your team loses....fine. Good for the other team, they played well.

Ga did NOT show up at all. Did they think they were gonna walk away with it on the backs of RBs?? Georgia offense needs to learn that Nick Chubb is scouted and he isn't going to run the ball on a team that has even a mediocre d-line. Teams are going to play Ga with one thought, 'Stop the run'...if you can beat us passing, good, but you won't be using Chubb to beat us.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 pm

And with this system, one loss is a death knell because the perennials will just float to the top. Tough weekend.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

That is what makes college ball exciting....the regular season is important.

Every weekend is a playoff of sorts. A loss by a top team and the whole warp and woof of the college football fabric feels the vibrations....Horses change positions sometimes coming into the back stretch. The Conference Championship games are a race to the wire....(seeing how many metaphors I can mix).

By the by...

I am still stunned, days later, by Donovan's revelation of the lack of Waffle Houses...that left coast lack of essential American culture 'splains everything.

Instead of good ole 'Murican greasy cheese and eggs with raisin bread, those left coasters hoist their Starbucks latte (190 degrees, organic milk from free ranging cows milked to classical music) and munch on a gluten free kalamata olive bagel. All the while, fiddling with their I phone.

This left coast lifestyle choice has led to the joyous posting of pictures of gay dolphins, legal marijuana stores, the sanctification of Kurt Cobain, art food, and football few fans want to watch... (well, the left coasters do tune in to Dr. Phil reruns before football).

If there were Waffle Houses available...think of how advanced the left coast could be...Travis style picking and banjos for music instead of Barry Manilow, great screw top wines, collard greens and black eyed peas instead of broccolini and cauliflower drizzled with sriracha sauce.

Maybe the angel in charge of football, Bear Bryant, would look favorably upon West Coast football if he could see the heavenly goldish glow of a Waffle House near the stadium.

I did look up Waffle House in Portland...and laughed when a restaurant named Veritable Quandary was 3rd on yelp's list.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm

They may not have waffle houses, but they have a kick butt version of eggs benedict with avocado's.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 am

The nearest Waffle House in Indiana, to South Bend, is 145 miles south, about a 2 hour 45 minute drive, three towns west of Muncie [Ball State].

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 am

I am thinking, maybe Mr. Billybud is right maybe we do need a Waffle House.

Hmm on second thought, we will stick with the Pig N Pancake.

Image Smoked Salmon benedict...I'm good with that, thank you.

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am

Spence...you had me until you said avocados...

On a classic dish....that is just sooooo California. Take a french classic egg dish and top it with something like avocado, raspberries, or M&Ms....

Must be why they have six I Hops around Portland and no Waffle House.

Waffle Houses maintain a trucker purity of sorts...they would never go all I Hop and sprinkle gummy bears on pancakes....

Return to “General Discussion”