Troy v Idaho

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Troy v Idaho

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 am

Was a fun game to watch. Troy hung on to win. Troy has so tough players. They had no problems giving the Vandals "the business.," which cause flags on nearly every play during the last three minutes. Tough guys, especially, after the play.

Idaho is not a good team. I think Troy is. They remind me of Juniors of that other team in Alabama...their name escapes me...
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Troy v Idaho

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:12 am

I wish I would have been able to watch this game. I couldn't get the stream to work.

I was able to watch some of the MAC games, and the one that was the most exciting, to me, was Central Michigan @ Western Michigan.

When the Broncos scored with utter ease, I turn the game off. Western Michigan was completely in control at the time. On a whim, I tuned back in, and, although Western Michigan was leading by 2 touchdowns ... just as I was about to shut the game off again, Central Michigan recovered a fumble near midfield.

Putting together a fast drive, the Chippewas went 43 yards in 3 plays and scored a touchdown in 55 seconds, to pull within 7 points.

Central Michigan's D got a quick 3 & out, forcing Western to punt. The punt was partially blocked, and the ball only went 7 yards.

Central Michigan with another 3 play drive, goes 44 yards in 45 seconds with a game tying touchdown.

Central Michigan onside kicks, Western receives but the returner only gains 1 yard then fumbles the ball at the 49, Central Michigan recovers.

Central Michigan goes 3 plays & out, punting the ball with 4:00 left in the game.

Western Michigan, likewise, has a quick 3 plays then punt, leaving 2:47 left.

First play from scrimmage, from their own 23 yard line, the Chippewas toss a 77 yard touchdown bomb, taking their first lead of the game, with 2:37 left on the clock.

Western Michigan attempts to return the kickoff, gets to their own 21 yard line. First down, a 22 yard run to the 43 --- Flag --- Central Michigan is penalized for a face mask, tacking o an additional 15 yards to the end of the run --- ball now on the Central Michigan 42, with 2:10 to go. First down, Western is sacked, 4 yard loss, timeout call, 2:08 left. Second down, incomplete pass, 1:55 left. Third down, incomplete pass, 1:45 left. False Start, Western goes back 5 yards, now it is 4th down and 19 to gain. Fourth down, incomplete pass. Turnover on downs, 1:39 left in regulation.

Western Michigan still has 2 timeout remaining, so there is yet a remote outside chance.

First down, Central runs the ball for 14 yards. That was the final gasp for Western, as they would call both timeouts after each of the next two plays, then Central takes two victory snaps.

Final Score:
Central Michigan, 35
Western Michigan, 28

The Chippewas, mounting a 21 - 0 fourth quarter come from behind victory; take home The Victory Cannon back to Mount Pleasant.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”