1st poll

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

1st poll

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm

How about Derek’s Dawgs being at the top of the first CFP poll!
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1st poll

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:53 pm

Completely Shocked. :shock:

I still say there is a reason they did it....Look at 1 & 2....then look at 2 & 4....What is the pattern there?

That CAN'T be a coincidence. :?
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:14 am

Good to someone else on top. Good coaching Derek.
Last edited by donovan on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:52 am

Derek...I wonder if Richt is given any credit for building this team?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 pm

My initial reaction is that the poll seemed fair. I am not one to say that often. There are plenty of games to go and things will certainly shake up each week so I dont put too much weight on it. However, I think to this point the top 4 are the best 4. A case can be made for Oklahoma over Clemson but Oklahoma has a more back loaded schedule. They have plenty of chances to prove it. After the top 4-6, only other team that matters is the best non money school, UCF. Given what they did to Memphis, hard to argue that one too. Have to think the AAC title game will be for that spot. I dont see Toledo or the MT West trio having enough quality chances left to overcome the losses already accumulated.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't see a problem with how they did it. It seems ok with me. Georgia beat Notre Dame and Notre Dame is good. Georgia has the best win of the bunch IMO and they are undefeated. That makes them 1 in my book. I would put Notre Dame 2, but I don't have a problem with Alabama considering their recent past. I think Okie State probably a better team than Oklahoma, but we will find that out soon. Clemson is the reigning champ and that terrible loss to Cuse aside, have looked pretty good.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:12 pm

I guess they don't worry too much about the placement of Alabama and Georgia...when they play each other that will all work out...the conference champ will be in.

If there is a bunch of one loss teams...it will get interesting....I'd guess the one loss conference champs will be in and the one loss non conference champs won't be in....and, if Notre Dame sneaks through with only one loss, but playing one less game and having no conference championship game...how does that work out?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 pm

billybud wrote:I guess they don't worry too much about the placement of Alabama and Georgia...when they play each other that will all work out...the conference champ will be in.

If there is a bunch of one loss teams...it will get interesting....I'd guess the one loss conference champs will be in and the one loss non conference champs won't be in....and, if Notre Dame sneaks through with only one loss, but playing one less game and having no conference championship game...how does that work out?

ND gets in on schedule strength even without a conference championship. I don't like much about Notre Dame, but they honestly deserve in this year if they won out.

Return to “General Discussion”