Fortuitous Timing of Week 9

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Fortuitous Timing of Week 9

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:46 am

1. FSU has had terrible luck, but Boston College is a good ball team.
2. Oregon State barely loses to Stanford and Byron Love does not play and increase his net worth.
3. Wake Forrest is good against a terrible Louisville defense...sorry Swamp Daddy BB is just around the corner.
4. Gators will always win a fight against a Bulldog...except in one arena. A Gator without teeth is not a pretty sight.
5. Even CFP board members need to believe that Notre Dame may be for real.
6. Iowa State is the team of the week. They beat TCU, the most despicable team for years in the country.
7. Ohio State proves uniforms have nothing to do with winning.
8. Georgia Tech was pathetic offensively. I wanted Clemson to suffer, not be regaled
9. Washington and Arizona left their defenses in study hall.
10. I need to have more faith in Oregon. Sorry, Old Ducker.
11. Washington can compete with FedEx...they deliver.
12. Utah State is not good. Nor is Boise State.
13. Most important. The TV coverage of minor teams is so bad. The camera seldom follows the play, no one cares about coaches march up and down the sidelines, commentators you have never heard of never shut up and after the games, you wonder if you saw any of the game. Saw better coverage when my Grandfather used is 8mm camera in the 40's.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fortuitous Timing of Week 9

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 am

Notre Dame is for real. Credit where credit due.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:19 pm

donovan wrote:6. Iowa State is the team of the week. They beat TCU, the most despicable team for years in the country.

Beginning of season, I thought this was "the one" for Iowa State. They always beat one team in conference when noone expects it. After beating Oklahoma I didnt think they had another one in them. Good for them, putting together a very solid season. However, I think they drop a couple games and come up short in the conf title race.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 pm

They very well could ... but the coach they have now is bringing in a new culture.

Sometimes we can't always look back at what use to be, as present state mentality --- Iowa state is certainly moving in the right direction. And with the rest of the Big XII seeming to be either staying buoyant, and not improving much, or they are riding a roller coaster, being high one season then down the next [such as TCU].

If Iowa State sees improvement next year; they could be in the hunt for more success than what the establishment expects.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”