Ohio State - Penn State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Ohio State - Penn State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:00 pm

This game is turning in the momentum ...

Spence has his hands full; Jim Beam bottle in one hand, glass in the other.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Ohio State - Penn State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Franklin may have just coach his team a loss, trying too hard to protect his lead.

There are times to play conservative, and there are times to play aggressive. Penn St should have played for the 1rst down ...

Yep, TD OSU.

Buckeyes lead.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:09 pm

I know, hindsight and all ... but had Ohio State kicked both extra points, they would have a 3 point lead.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Wow, Franklin just cost his team a perfect season. It was bad enough to not play for a first down before Ohio State's scoring drive ... but on 3rd and 15 you go for a deep 1rst pass, and only have one receiver to be guarded..?

He left McSorley with very little options on 4th down; and OSU pretty much knew exactly what was going to be called.

Nice job recovering and playing hard to get back into the game by the Buckeyes ... but with better play calling, Penn St would have won.

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm

I like the unbeaten being beaten. However, Ohio States uniforms were the ugliest ever to grace a football field

Not ever this site has a color font that ugly.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:29 pm

I didn't get to go to this one, but I watched most of it. Ohio State spotted them 14 quick points due to bad special teams - which has been an issue all season - then when down 21-3 after and interception was called pass interference. The CB caught it clean and didn't have any contact with the receiver until the ball was caught. So not a good call, but it was what it was. The Buckeye defense played lights out, the offense played good. The special teams played awful. Worse than awful. It has been bad all season. it is not getting better. Penn State isn't the #2 team. They have as many issues as Ohio State. Barkley is good. McSorley has very good receivers and he throws it up for grabs a lot. That works out for him, but the better the defensive lines that he plays the more issues will plague him.

Barrett is the same guy he has been. He has a good football mind. He doesn't have the physical abilities to move on. He will be a coach one of these days. People give him too much credit when he wins and too much criticism when Ohio State loses. He has been a positive player at Ohio State during his career. Dobbins will be special when he gets some size on him. Dixon is starting to prove that he could be special. The offensive line played better today. I'm not sure if that isn't because of a bad defensive game plan for the nits.

Ohio State has lots of issues. But for me - today - it was a bright spot in an otherwise terrible week. It was a positive distraction for me and my family. -- except for my niece who plays in the WVU marching band and hates Ohio State.

And Donovan - I hated the uni's too. I wish teams would just quit this practice.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Spence wrote:I didn't get to go to this one, but I watched most of it. Ohio State spotted them 14 quick points due to bad special teams - which has been an issue all season - then when down 21-3 after and interception was called pass interference. The CB caught it clean and didn't have any contact with the receiver until the ball was caught. So not a good call, but it was what it was. The Buckeye defense played lights out, the offense played good. The special teams played awful. Worse than awful. It has been bad all season. it is not getting better. Penn State isn't the #2 team. They have as many issues as Ohio State. Barkley is good. McSorley has very good receivers and he throws it up for grabs a lot. That works out for him, but the better the defensive lines that he plays the more issues will plague him.

Barrett is the same guy he has been. He has a good football mind. He doesn't have the physical abilities to move on. He will be a coach one of these days. People give him too much credit when he wins and too much criticism when Ohio State loses. He has been a positive player at Ohio State during his career. Dobbins will be special when he gets some size on him. Dixon is starting to prove that he could be special. The offensive line played better today. I'm not sure if that isn't because of a bad defensive game plan for the nits.

Ohio State has lots of issues. But for me - today - it was a bright spot in an otherwise terrible week. It was a positive distraction for me and my family. -- except for my niece who plays in the WVU marching band and hates Ohio State.

And Donovan - I hated the uni's too. I wish teams would just quit this practice.

You can blame Phil Knight and Oregon for that. However Oregon was not a brand so they had nothing to lose. Ohio State is a brand so it should stick with tradition. USC is the model. Their uniforms haven't changed much in 40 years and will likely be around for another 40.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Nah, we can blame the Ohio State admin for taking the money. Phil Knight didn’t force anyone to take the cash.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Loved the comeback...hated the uni's....but then I like traditional uniforms...I blame Oregon!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:37 pm

or...did this outre football stuff begin with the blue turf?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:01 pm

billybud wrote:or...did this outre football stuff begin with the blue turf?

Well, just maybe...

https://youtu.be/hihwP7QDqKg
Last edited by donovan on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm

donovan wrote:
billybud wrote:or...did this outre football stuff begin with the blue turf?

I sure hope so.

https://youtu.be/v1k_awCb3BE

Some lead; some follow.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:00 am

yep.....Lucifer's slogan.

Return to “General Discussion”