Shut Up Tirico!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Shut Up Tirico!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:12 pm

I am getting so annoyed by all of the Sam Darnold cheer leading by the media.

USC being down, 28-0, finally mount a drive to put the ball in the end zone. Mike Tirico, nbc commentator for Notre Dame football games, says, "Darnold, proving no hole to big enough to dig yourself out from". Then, after the break, the replay is shown, with Tirico saying, "Darnold, getting it done like he does.

Next Possession, ND marches the field, puts the ball in the end zone nearly effortlessly, as Brandon Wimbush runs all over the Trojan defense, finishing the drive by dashing completely untouched in for a touchdown. Tirico says, "They came to watch Darnold, and they get to see Wimbush."

Seriously?! So, you mean, a sold out crowd in South Bend came to Notre Dame stadium to watch Sam Darnold??

Look, I hate Notre Dame more so than the average College Football fan. But I'm not stupid enough to outright discount their following. The domers have a huge fan base. But according to Tirico, even they are at the game to see USC's QB play.

And now Tirico is tlaking about how he spoke to Darnold's high school coach, and how great of a guy & how special he is.

Does he even realize there is a game being played, and that there are 11 players for both teams on the field at any given time?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Shut Up Tirico!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Update ... the score is now 42-14 Notre Dame.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:14 pm

The feel the same way about the Domers, but they look like they have a team this year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:16 am

Yeah, Miami has North Carolina next, which maybe the last stretch in our current win streak.

After the Tar Heels, the next two games are Virginia Tech followed by Notre Dame ... I don't know if we can get through both games without 1 loss ... and the way those two are playing, I wouldn't be too surprised if the `Canes drop both.

It'll all depend on our lines. If we can protect Rosier, and the d can crunch down on the running lanes, we may have a chance. The Hokies are more of a threat with a more balanced offense. But the leprechauns have a brutal ground game, that is fast & physical.

Gonna be interesting in the next few weeks.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:42 am

Miami cruises past UNC...who looks lifeless.

VT should be a good game...but I think the Cane's defense prevails......
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 am

Va Tech hasn't played AND BEATEN any team with a pulse. Okay maybe WVU. But that game was close, and it might go the other way if played now. Canes will have no trouble, especially @Miami.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:15 pm

I normally don't let the Darling Wagon get to me too much...but I would have been shaking my head and rolling on the floor over stupid drool comments like that. The kid might be good but none of the numbers say All Star to me.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm glad I turned it off before that. The whole Darnold conversation is so out of control. Its not just this kid, it happens fairly often but it doesnt make it any better. I get that this is TV and we can see the action, but remember when commentators could actually draw compelling words to heighten the enjoyment of a game. Now its all agenda and not even veiled. It is surprising coming from the Notre Dame network but just goes to really show how invested they are at protecting the "elites" and the image of such.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:41 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Va Tech hasn't played AND BEATEN any team with a pulse. Okay maybe WVU. But that game was close, and it might go the other way if played now. Canes will have no trouble, especially @Miami.

Right now Miami is having trouble with every team. They are winning and thats the most important thing but to say they roll Va Tech seems incredibly insulting to what Va Tech is capable of. Its probably too strong a word saying rivalry but there seems to be a strong dislike between the schools. I agree with the notion that it will be a hard fought, compelling game. I'm not sure Va Tech wins, I'll wait and make my pick in the thread 8)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Who said that the Canes would "roll by" VT? I didn't see that....Now BillyB did say that the Canes would beat UNC....And I believe that.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:14 pm

billybud wrote:Who said that the Canes would "roll by" VT? I didn't see that....Now BillyB did say that the Canes would beat UNC....And I believe that.

Thats how I took Collegefan8898 comment stating Miami will have no problems esp at home vs Va Tech. Sounds like he is expecting an easy win and I'm not sure it is. I do agree they should handle UNC.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Just making a bold prediction. If I am wrong, so I am. But the Hokies have not beaten an FBS team with a winning record outside of WVU. If it was at Lane, maybe I would see a win. I say the Canes take it.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 pm

I hope you're right :)

Cane... [__]

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:43 pm

This is coming from a VT fan. It is known that the Hokies have had their share of November losses after a successful start of the season. Start out 7-1 or 8-0, lose the next three out of four or something similar. Believe me, I will take a Hokie victory. Just not seeing it.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 pm

This coming from a Hurricanes fan; usually those three losses come after having a successful outing against the `Canes.

I hate that I'm hanging my hope on this one due to it being played in Miami. But, the way the games have been so close this season, if the win is because it is in the HardRock, then, I will take it ...

The game against Syracuse should have been put away in the first half.

Four takeaways --- Two possessions were the ball was inside the five, and still we are settling for field goals --- The defense did their job. But the offense under performed, which gave the Orange hope.

I've preached how teams having a tendency of flirting with disaster, giving the opposition an inch, will eventually come back to bite you. Miami's season is one where the other guys have had a chance to make the game go the other way. Until we can put together 4 full quarters like we did against Duke ... I'm not going to declare victory over anyone until I see the clock @ 0:00 ... except in the case of my weekly predictions, where I will blindly take the `Canes, regardless of the odds.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”