Shut Up Tirico!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Shut Up Tirico!!

Postby Vileborg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Georgia may have tossed Richt but he's a darn fine coach. The fact that he landed at Miami gave me heartburn. I expect the game to be hard hitting battle that comes down to the wire.

I remember the massive games from the Big East. It'll be nice to see both programs showing life at the same time again. I expect VT to establish the run and control the game. I think the game will still be close because our secondary this year is not as good as in the past but they should be able to make enough stops for the win.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:33 am

Miami beats Virginia Tech. Kind of figured.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:12 pm

I didn't see that coming, even with the Canes being at home. I thought they survived games most of the time this year (often getting out of there own way just enough.) This was their best outing, they played some good ball for sure.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Vileborg wrote: I think the game will still be close because our secondary this year is not as good as in the past but they should be able to make enough stops for the win.

If there was an aspect in this game that Va Tech can take with them, it is that the secondary played fairly exceptional. Those big DB's were all over the `Canes' receivers ... going up over the wideouts, and taking the ball away ... at one point, I even thought; "Wow, with their size and athleticism, why are they on defense and not on the offensive side of the ball. They can clearly catch."

Miami is still struggling inside the 5 yard line. Instead of settling for a field goal on that first drive, we go for on 4th and can't get in.

This game was both elating & frustrating at the same time. Rosier still throws the ball into massive coverage. The running game can't get blocks out on the perimeter. And yet, the defense played outstanding. They never showed signs of fatigue, and were beating the O-line off the ball, getting into the backfield, causing major pressure.

I just hope the Defense will be as well conditioned against notre dame this next weekend. If we can cause enough confusion on the line of scrimmage, we will have a chance.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Cane, what do you do when Miami plays ND in your hometown? Stay home and whoop and holler, or will you go to the game? Should be game of the week.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:03 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Miami beats Virginia Tech. Kind of figured.

Yes you did. I am surprised at how easily they did it. I was expecting a hard down to the wire game and it never really materialized. Kudos on the call.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Honestly, I was using my sports reverse psychology. Remember a few years ago, the Hokies played Tennessee in the Peach Bowl, I think. I wanted a Hokies win so badly, I told everyone the Vols would take it. I wanted an ACC win over SEC team also. I even wore a Vols hoodie to the college football party that night. Friends gave me he// about it. VT won and I been doing it ever since with big games.

Didn't work this time.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 am

donovan wrote:Cane, what do you do when Miami plays ND in your hometown? Stay home and whoop and holler, or will you go to the game? Should be game of the week.

If you are referring to this year, as a Miami home game, I will be sitting here yelling at the referees through my TV screen, declaring a hold on every single notre dame offensive snap, and telling the replay guy when he's wrong, as he persists to review each Miami score.

Now, if you are referring to when Miami comes to play against notre dame here in South Bend, as they did last year ... I'm at the game, win or lose, proudly wearing my U gear in a sea of domers, `til the final whistle.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 am

This year I find myself not so upset with the officials but with the camerapersons. Its like they can not just keep the camera on the playing field. I know I have this West Coast paranoia, but we get the dregs. Not so much in the 'good' Pac 12 games...but all the rest. the MWC is so bad...

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 am

LOL...

On the left coast, the realm of Hollywood and the premier film schools, we get the leftover amateur cameramen for the, sniff, plebian game of football....

And in the deep south, we get practiced acolytes of the holy game behind the camera?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 pm

billybud wrote:LOL...

On the left coast, the realm of Hollywood and the premier film schools, we get the leftover amateur cameramen for the, sniff, plebian game of football....

And in the deep south, we get practiced acolytes of the holy game behind the camera?

EXACTLY...you cannot depend on those dang liberals in Hollywood for anything...

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Yep ... and since disney bought espn, they have treated it like a Hollywood production.

They want to write the script, and direct the outcome from start to finish.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

Yep ... and since disney bought espn, they have treated it like a Hollywood production.

They want to write the script, and direct the outcome from start to finish.

This is exactly right. They try to control the narrative. The problem is they actually play games and not matter what they say, the best team usually wins.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”