Ga / Miss St

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Ga / Miss St

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm pretty shocked at how this game went. I figured Ga would pull it out because of the way the defense has been playing, but I didn't expect the offense to click so well.

The QB situation is gonna be tough, because the #2 guy is playing so well and you don't want to break that rhythm.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Ga / Miss St

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm on board with Georgia.

I didn't think much of ND, so when the Dawgs beat the domers by only 1 point, I assumed it was because notre dame was playing inspired against a storied SEC school the program had never played in the regular season before.

After seeing the way the leprechauns handled Sparty in East Lansing on a prime time stage. And the way Georgia manhandled Missi State; I think the SEC is two teams right now --- Georgia & Alabama.

LSU jumped all over Syracuse 21-3, only to have the Orange come back within 2 points, 28-26, until LSU scored a TD late to cushion their lead and win, in Baton Rouge.

South Carolina didn't even score against Louisiana Tech until the 4th quarter. The Gamecocks had to hit a field goal with 4 seconds left to win the game, in Columbia.

Vanderbilt, who was supposed to give Alabama at least a little bit of a game, got buried under an avalanche of points, losing 59-0 to the Tide. And Bama ran the clock out trying not to run the score up, the entire 4th quarter.

Tennessee had to hold off UMass in Knoxville to win by 4 points. The Vols couldn't even score in the 4th quarter against the Minutemen on their home field. Good thing for Tennessee that Massachusetts couldn't score in the 4th, either.

Missouri is downright terrible. And media is going to give Auburn a bunch of credit for dismantling the Tigers 51-14. Which is a shame, because Mizzu maybe one of the worst teams in the Power 5 this season.

florida, for being a ranked team, didn't even lead the game against Kentucky until there was only 43 seconds left. Even then, Kentucky missed a field goal in the closing seconds for the gators to win. And Kentucky only missed that kick, because of a holding call which pushed them back just the play before.

Unless someone else steps up this year; I do not see how the SEC is going to be very contentious. Possibly the Cocktail party gives Georgia a close call. But as thing are right now, I would expect the SEC title game be Georgia/Alabama.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:01 pm

I hope you're right!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Derek wrote:I hope you're right!

I think he is right. Looks like this is the year of the Dawgs.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm a bit shocked at how Georgia/UT went tonight. Wow! I had no idea Tennessee was so horrible. Unfortunately for the Vols, I doubt Chip Kelly will be interested...
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:37 am

The Dawgs shut out the Vols...but then I am not so sure of this year's Tennessee team.

Regarding Mississippi State...Auburn just put them into perspective...stomping them 49-10.

And Ole Miss? Bama just creamed them 66-3.

Alabama romps...Auburn romps...Georgia romps....doesn't look like parity in the SEC this year.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 pm

No, and after seeing how Clemson put down Va Tech; Auburn's loss to the Tigers by 8 points doesn't seem too devastating --- which leaves me thinking, Auburn may be better than I had assumed.

11/11 should be interesting. If both Georgia & Auburn continue rolling along as they are going into the second week of November, then this could be the most important game in the SEC outside of the Iron Bowl.

Georgia wins = SEC Championship Appearance [which might be the case anyway]
Auburn wins = Iron Bowl winner for the SEC West [again, this might be the case anyway]

I know florida is an undefeated team right now. However, the gators have been hanging on by a thread in most of their games. They may be tested, but they are holding their breath underwater. The wheels on that wagon look wobbly, and it is only a matter of time before they fall off. Playing 4 quarters of football is generally a pretty good thing. Though, when you are in a dogfight weekly, sooner or later you're the one who's gonna get bit.

My guess is that these Dawgs are foaming at the mouth, ready to play the lizards. They'll have to wait until the 28th of this month. But I bet if you asked most Georgia fans, they'd want the game to be tomorrow.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”