Not A Good Day For Florida Football

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Not A Good Day For Florida Football

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 pm

fsu stumbled out of the gate, and simply couldn't find their footing until the game was pretty much ungraspable.

Miami is not looking good right now. The defense is playing out of position, missing assignments & reacting slowly. Toledo is not a team you can sleep on. Had there been more time on the clock at the end of the half, the Rockets put that ball in the end zone for a 10 point lead at the break, rather than settling for the field goal, being up by just 6.

The `Canes get the ball to start the second half. Adjustments need to be made. But I would not be surprised if we lose this one.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Not A Good Day For Florida Football

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Looks as though the `Canes received their wake up call ... I hope they can keep it up.

Miami put 3 TD's on the board, now leads, 31 - 16, as Toledo punts.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:31 pm

I think they set there alarm clocks at the half. A totally different story the 2nd half, the Canes looked good. I am seeing this a lot this year, several today.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:11 pm

And now the gators slipped by with another last second win, with Kentucky missing a field goal as time expires.

Gotta say, though. Central Florida looked pretty decent today.

Cane... [__]

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 pm

I wondered about FSU after losing their QB week 1. FSU owes NC St. Years of payback. I don't know how many times NC St. has upset them but it's a lot.

Virginia Tech has that problem with ECU and WVU. I was glad we stopped playing the latter.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

As I said preseason.....FSU's offensive line has problems pass blocking...not going to be a good year.

Have problems with protection..plus a quarterback taking his first snaps out of high school...and that spells trouble...with a capital T as Donovan would tell you.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”