Always A Sad Story

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Always A Sad Story

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 pm

When a young person dies in an activity we always enjoy, it should give us pause to be sure we are doing all we can to make the game the best we can. I am not suggesting any change, but as society exponentially increases their sensorineural stimulation in most every activity, we need to not succumb to those that would not cautiously make changes in a great game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20764893/robert-grays-midwestern-state-mustangs-dies-injury-suffered-game
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Always A Sad Story

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 am

A sombre reading indeed.

My prays to the family.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 pm

You can guard against all injury, but there are some common sense things that can be employed that add to safety without hurting the game. You shouldn't die from playing a game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 am

Very sad, so much can change in an instant. It doesn't report the cause of either tragedy. I have a friend that was paralyzed diving into his pool, from his shoulders down. I have been amazed at how much a human body can endure and at other times equally amazed at just how little it takes to part the silver cord. Prayers for the families and friends.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”