Oklahoma v osu

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Oklahoma v osu

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:34 am

Here are my take aways.

1. Spence did not want a miserable football season and will, quickly, but not Sooner, try and look at the bright side of the rest of the season.
2. Urban Meyer needs to quit talking about what other coaches say about their players and start coaching his. Tied at half and then that miserable performance...that is a coaches loss.
3. Ancestry dot com is running a DNA search on JT Barrett and U. Meyer...Get Gibbs, Abbey has found a match.
3. Mayfield seeming is a good quarterback but is classless, so he will do well in the NFL.
4. ESPN Sportscene spent 20 minutes explaining why Ohio State will make the playoffs.
5. Earthquake in Mexico, Hurricane in Florida, Forrest fires in the West, Floods in Texas and so punk running a country in N. Korea...not much above 5 matters.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Oklahoma v osu

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Ohio State is one dimensional. No vertical passing game. The right tackle should be called the right whiff because he can only block air. No playoff for Ohio State. I don't think Ohio State wins the Big 10. It will be a long season unless some kind of vertical passing game emerges. Is Barrett the problem? He gets some credit of course, but receivers not getting separation is the main issue. Barrett came to starts with A+ receivers and looked great. He isn't as good playing with c+ receivers. The receivers are young and can get better. Barrett is what he is at this point. He is a smart guy who will be a coach some day. He won't be moving on to the next level as a player.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:39 pm

I watched some really bad football this weekend. Specifically, Boise State, Oregon State, Ohio State, Washington State. Why....no basics. Tackling was pathetic. Players did not know their assignments.

I thought the coaching was not good. It seems we have delegated essentials to graduate students...just doesn't work.

Then I see Alabama and they looked like the Union Pacific....or Southern Pacific for reasons that with Mr. Billybud is on hiatus I shall not mention.

Blocking was not good. Washington State had one lineman Mata'afa that was not contained all game. They seemingly never tried.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Ohio StAte displayed a defense they were working on since the national championship game last year - the bend and then break defense to go along with the three downs and on the bench in a cloud of dust offense.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 am

Spence wrote:Ohio State displayed a defense they were working on since the national championship game last year - the bend and then break defense to go along with the three downs and on the bench in a cloud of dust offense.

I guess they worked that game strategy out on a video game, since they didn't make it past round one. :D

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”