How Did We End Up Here

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

How Did We End Up Here

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:48 pm

The University of Houston could not donate excess t-shirts, shoes, etc to the Harvey victims without the NCAA permission. Enough is enough. If School officials can not make that decision instantly and on their own, then there is no help for us as a people. It is not just the NCAA. The State of Oregon could not get Federal help to fight forest fires...and the Federal Government owns all the land...(albeit stolen from the people of Oregon...true all throughout the west.)

The castrated Universty presidents need to immediately dismantle the NCAA and just let nature take its course. The definition of antichrist is to make a problem and then be the one that solves the problem you made.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20647254/ncaa-grants-university-houston-officials-special-waiver-donate-items-hurricane-harvey-victims
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How Did We End Up Here

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 pm

donovan wrote:The University of Houston could not donate excess t-shirts, shoes, etc to the Harvey victims without the NCAA permission. Enough is enough. If School officials can not make that decision instantly and on their own, then there is no help for us as a people. It is not just the NCAA. The State of Oregon could not get Federal help to fight forest fires...and the Federal Government owns all the land...(albeit stolen from the people of Oregon...true all throughout the west.)

The castrated Universty presidents need to immediately dismantle the NCAA and just let nature take its course. The definition of antichrist is to make a problem and then be the one that solves the problem you made.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20647254/ncaa-grants-university-houston-officials-special-waiver-donate-items-hurricane-harvey-victims

We don't need no stinkin waivers!! That's what people need to start saying.

We ended up here...with weak leaders that is....because they were elected by weak people.

"Human rights can only be assured among a virtuous people. The general government . . . can never be in danger of degenerating into a monarchy, an oligarchy, an aristocracy, or any despotic or oppresive form so long as there is any virtue in the body of the people."
-George Washington

In other words, virtuous people do not elect lazy ineffectual leaders that can't make a decision.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:04 am

Unfortunately we get the leaders we deserve. Lincoln said this democracy would only be conquered from within.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 pm

How did we wind up with College Gameday in Times Square? Several great matchups this weekend and you want to turn into Good Morning America. What a failure. The beauty of this show is when it is on campus. The neutral site games are ok and such big matchups that it works well enough. However, this is just pointless. More of the garbage that has become of this channel. As long as they have so many live games they dont have to worry but I hope their "talking head" shows are hitting serious lows.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 am

Start Speading the News...New York, New York!

I like the upcoming battle of New York at Times Square.

Where else do football fan expats in such numbers gather every Saturday in sports bars to watch their teams?

I expect UConn fans waving signs about the P6, Rutgers colors, the ubiquitous Irish...and even FSU guys wearing their Nole York City shirts.

https://www.nycnoles.com/
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:14 pm

billybud wrote:Start Speading the News...New York, New York!

I like the upcoming battle of New York at Times Square.

Where else do football fan expats in such numbers gather every Saturday in sports bars to watch their teams?

I expect UConn fans waving signs about the P6, Rutgers colors, the ubiquitous Irish...and even FSU guys wearing their Nole York City shirts.

https://www.nycnoles.com/

I think it is despicable. Let tradition, even if is the worshipping of ashes, left alone. The abdication of College Presidents of their moral responsibility has been supplanted by a prostituted vision of their fiduciary mantle. It should be noted their dereliction is not exclusive to college athletics.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh feck!

We have too much moralizing and simpering as is...we, as a country, need to quit making a passion play of every little thing.

But then, I guess there are some positive aspects to having so many finding something to object about.

I wouldn't of known of the clear and present danger of the transexuals in our bathrooms, that Tigers should be condemned as mascots because they are symbols of white oppression, that Robert E. Lee and Traveler had to be removed because of their participation in an immoral war, or the affront of having an asian announcer named Robert Lee announce a game because his name was similar to a confederate general...or all of the other symbols that we must object to.

Take down the Wall from the National Mall if you want to rid the country of remembrances of immoral wars, I say. No half efforts. Bulldoze the thing.

Do away with all college sports. By God, college is about education and sports just subverts the mission.

(it is a travesty that Top 25 Public Universities like Michigan, UCLA, UNC, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, Washington, Pitt etc...have sports...Think how much better than Top 25 they could be...).

The trouble is TV. I tell ya....TV. We have seen that TV watchers are cultural dupes, manipulable at the touch of a button. We have earnest social commentators who inform of us of the harmful effects of the TV violence that we consume....and then, like a yo yo on TCP, we hear about these unmistakably elitist, highbrow commentators who are trying to shape popular culture to be more to their liking. More Traviata, less Travolta.

Me? I am done. Donovan's rant inspired me, I reckon.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 pm

billybud wrote:Oh feck!

We have too much moralizing and simpering as is...we, as a country, need to quit making a passion play of every little thing.

But then, I guess there are some positive aspects to having so many finding something to object about.

I wouldn't of known of the clear and present danger of the transexuals in our bathrooms, that Tigers should be condemned as mascots because they are symbols of white oppression, that Robert E. Lee and Traveler had to be removed because of their participation in an immoral war, or the affront of having an asian announcer named Robert Lee announce a game because his name was similar to a confederate general...or all of the other symbols that we must object to.

Take down the Wall from the National Mall if you want to rid the country of remembrances of immoral wars, I say. No half efforts. Bulldoze the thing.

Do away with all college sports. By God, college is about education and sports just subverts the mission.

(it is a travesty that Top 25 Public Universities like Michigan, UCLA, UNC, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, Washington, Pitt etc...have sports...Think how much better than Top 25 they could be...).

The trouble is TV. I tell ya....TV. We have seen that TV watchers are cultural dupes, manipulable at the touch of a button. We have earnest social commentators who inform of us of the harmful effects of the TV violence that we consume....and then, like a yo yo on TCP, we hear about these unmistakably elitist, highbrow commentators who are trying to shape popular culture to be more to their liking. More Traviata, less Travolta.

Me? I am done. Donovan's rant inspired me, I reckon.

We got trouble, right here in River City. Glad you are alive and well, Mr. Billybud.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 am

Oh Donovan....only old coots like us will get your reference...but well done.

I figure that you cue that musical piece up as inspiration when you go off on one of your patented rants.

I'm a counter puncher....I stick my tongue firmly in my cheek and fire one back sometimes.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm

With a capital b and that rhymes with pool. I know that reference too.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 am

We complicate the simple and simplify the complex. Good answers are few, fleeing, and illusive when you have this.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 am

Spence wrote:With a capital b and that rhymes with pool. I know that reference too.

I thought it was with a capital T ... maybe not.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote:With a capital b and that rhymes with pool. I know that reference too.

I thought it was with a capital T ... maybe not.

:? I was hoping. A bool is something I only see in programs.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 pm

It was T for trouble.

Return to “General Discussion”