Close calls

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Close calls

Postby billybud » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 am

Billy will be signing off for a bit...headed for my Florida home to sit out Miss Irma and protect what I can.....probably will be off air for a while.

FSU cancelled, of course, their game, and they really needed an OOC game for their true feeshman QB to take some snaps in before meeting the Canes next week. If Tallahassee is damaged enough, next weeks game could be jeopardy. That would mean going from Labor Day to darn near October without seeing the field for the Florida teams.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:23 am

Take care, be safe. This is a part of this message board that makes me feel so helpless, not being able to help my friend. God Bless You and Your Family.

Donovan
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:27 pm

billybud wrote:Billy will be signing off for a bit...headed for my Florida home to sit out Miss Irma and protect what I can.....probably will be off air for a while.

FSU cancelled, of course, their game, and they really needed an OOC game for their true feeshman QB to take some snaps in before meeting the Canes next week. If Tallahassee is damaged enough, next weeks game could be jeopardy. That would mean going from Labor Day to darn near October without seeing the field for the Florida teams.

Stay safe!!!!!! :!: :!:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Purdue is really giving Louisville fits...

There were 3 poor calls on the Cardinals last drive that saw a Purdue D-Lineman get ejected on what the replay booth intervened and declared targeting (which there was not), a phantom pass interference brought Louisville closer, and a Phantom TD that was reviewed, clearly showing the ball carrier fumbling just before crossing the goal line, then recovering it out of bounds which should have been a touch back giving Purdue the ball on the 20 ...

Since then, a pick 6 gave Louisville the lead, as the momentum has flipped, thanks to the ref's.

Most of us here expected a close game with all the ties between the teams since Jeff Brohm took over at Purdue hiring many relatives, former UL players, etc. for his staff. He knew a lot about what Petrino would do and vice-versa as he was at Western under Petrino and associated with him at UL. I've found first games close or blowouts many times. Didn't expect the high overall score but did expect it to be close. Especially when top defensive person went injured on a dumb play picking up a missed field goal that he should have allowed to roll dead. A real game of miscues, with 10 false starts for UL, two goal line fumbles. The false starts were a bugaboo last year two. Hope this doesn't continue.

have fun, Swamp Daddy :(
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:56 am

Stay safe BB. The storm seems like it's going to get closer to Tallahassee than they thought. Hope you and yours are safe.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:54 pm

While I have power, thought that I would post...my son has helped me board up the windows, we have water stowed, food for a week that does not need to be cooked....we will all huddle up together...

I am not in danger of flooding...just had big walls of glass that were vulnerable. And we have big trees around...

Wow...traveling south was a breeze...but the north bound traffic was tied up.....

See y'all after the storm...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Be safe, our friend.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Hope all worked out for you Billy. All I could think of was this meme.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:37 pm

NO damage...not that much wind....just a little debris clean up....a lot of scare from the authorities, a little power outage for a few hours, and all back to normal.

The main work will be unboarding and my boy will do that...back to the mountain I go...

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Good to see all is well ...

Have a safe trip back.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Good to see all is well ...

Have a safe trip back.

Amen....Glad you are safe

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 pm

billybud wrote:NO damage...not that much wind....just a little debris clean up....a lot of scare from the authorities, a little power outage for a few hours, and all back to normal.

The main work will be unboarding and my boy will do that...back to the mountain I go...

Glad everything is good at the home base.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 am

Vileborg wrote:Man I hate playing WVU!!! I was glad when we stopped playing them yearly. I don't know how many times WVU spoiled a great season for VT. They were a miracle drive by Vick from knocking us out of that National Championship game.

Good news is that Josh Jackson (QB) is a gamer. I think it puts Tech in the mix for the ACC. I'd still say Clemson is the favorite but I think Tech is in the discussion.

Seeing the WVU guy hit our RB directly in the knee reminds me of the rivalry history. It was dirty, bloody and generally season defining in terms of title runs and injuries.

I miss the old rivalries in many ways, but I have 0 expectations when the Eers play VA Tech. I had negative expectations in a game 1, the O and D are both very complicated. I was puzzled at them even hanging in there until they announced that the Eers had 600 live snaps going into the game. I think that freshy QB is going to take them places, he didn't look like a freshamn at all. I don't think they can take Clemson...this year...but the ACC had better be on notice next year!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”