Alabama vs FLorida State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Alabama vs FLorida State

Postby donovan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 am

This is the ultimate money game. Talk all you want to about why these two teams would play the Kick Off game the winner is Atlanta.

General observations.
1. Best Kickoff match up I can remember...which is no longer the greatest bar of judgment.
2. Win or lose, neither team will be affected that much in the polls or standings or in their position for the golden ring.
3. As great of a match up as it is, can not find one West Coast fan of football that cares...everybody just wants to see how their team will do in the first game...Corvallis and Provo are deserted.
4. The odd makers have Alabama in a fairly high scoring with a spread not too wide. They favor Alabama to cover the spread and the over under is +7-7. At least the ones I looked at. Congrove has FSU.
5. Florida State will win in a blowout. My prediction. Alabama's defense will lose their discipline.
6. Number 5 is a hope. However, FSU by 7.
7. The main problem with this match up is...The NC game will have to be massaged and manipulated with the best of conspiratorial efforts to avoid a repeat of the year's kick off game. It's all up to Ohio State to ease their burden.
8. PAC 12 football will once again be irrelevant to the big, although, geographically minute, picture.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Alabama vs FLorida State

Postby billybud » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Alabama will win...

1...their defensive front will overpower a weak FSU O line with several players injured. FSU's QB will get hit and hurried.
2...their mobile QB and their beefy RBs will give FSU's front seven fits.

Alabama is Albama...the only game they have lost in the last 27 games, was with a second left on the clock when Clemson scored.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 pm

I think this is the premier match up of the season.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 pm

There will be others ... just; nobody will have anything to say about those games, until the wins & losses start to come in.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 pm

donovan wrote:2. Win or lose, neither team will be affected that much in the polls or standings or in their position for the golden ring.

I mostly agree; except, depending on the outcome, one team will be the media's pet for a few weeks ... maybe even the season, as long as they continue to win.

Think of how in love with Louisville the talking heads were, until they weren't [losses are significant].

Clemson got the media's adoration after they beat Louisville. But it wasn't until the Cardinals lost their second, that the pundits of sports lost their interest --- all because of Louisville's dominance of FSU --- the game that made a Heisman Trophy winner out of Lamar Jackson.

Alabama & Florida State; The winner of this game will be #1 going in to next week ... and will have a 1 game forgiveness loss in the weeks to come.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 pm

donovan wrote:8. PAC 12 football will once again be irrelevant to the big, although, geographically minute, picture.

This one always comes down to the LA schools. If USC is anywhere near as good as their preseason rank, and I dont think they are, the Pac 12 will receive some attention. IF USC falters then it will take alot for Washington, Stanford, and others to get the sort of attention that USC can bring.

As for the game, I believe Alabama will find a way to win. I agree with those that say it is the premier matchup of at least Sept. As long as the game is competitive the loser will stay in the playoff picture. A blowout lose for FSU and their margin for error in the ACC becomes almost zero. Alabama can lean on the SEC hype if they get smoked to lose another game, maybe 2 if everyone else loses thru out the year.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:53 pm

I am gong to go with Alabama 33 Florida State 23. As for Southern Cal. I say they have 3 losses this year and their great QB does not win the Heisman .

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 am

I called this one right...the FSU O line was overpowered...a punt blocked, a FG blocked, two Int's, and a fumble on your own 11 was to much to overcome.

Losing the QB was just the icing on the cake....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Losing the QB may be the only thing Florida State may not be able to come back from....that is a tough break.

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Donovan writes, "PAC 12 football will once again be irrelevant to the big, although, geographically minute, picture."

One thing we know after week one is that Oregon State, aka "little brother" is horrible. Utter garbage.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Unfortunately the PAC 10 is perceived on how good USC and to a lesser extent UCLA happen to be. Same with the B10 and Ohio State and Michigan and so on with the other conferences. Maybe not fair, but accurate.

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Spence wrote:Unfortunately the PAC 10 is perceived on how good USC and to a lesser extent UCLA happen to be. Same with the B10 and Ohio State and Michigan and so on with the other conferences. Maybe not fair, but accurate.

wtf are you talking about? It hasn't been the PAC 10 for years, and UCLA hasn't been nationally relevant for longer ago than that. The PAC 12, at least in recent years own the Big 10. Haha.
That may change with Meyer and Harbaugh (DBUH).
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 am

Old Ducker wrote:Donovan writes, "PAC 12 football will once again be irrelevant to the big, although, geographically minute, picture."

One thing we know after week one is that Oregon State, aka "little brother" is horrible. Utter garbage.

Terrible...and not hope in sight.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 pm

Old Ducker wrote:
Spence wrote:Unfortunately the PAC 10 is perceived on how good USC and to a lesser extent UCLA happen to be. Same with the B10 and Ohio State and Michigan and so on with the other conferences. Maybe not fair, but accurate.

wtf are you talking about? It hasn't been the PAC 10 for years, and UCLA hasn't been nationally relevant for longer ago than that. The PAC 12, at least in recent years own the Big 10. Haha.
That may change with Meyer and Harbaugh (DBUH).

Yeah, you would think I would have caught that when I typed it. At least I haven't called the Big 10 the Western conference. :lol: Or the Big 8.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Spence wrote:Yeah, you would think I would have caught that when I typed it. At least I haven't called the Big 10 the Western conference. Or the Big 8.

You mean, the Big XII..?

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”