The Ones You Hated Your Team To Face

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Ones You Hated Your Team To Face

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:13 pm

So, we all have our favorite teams, or maybe just one team. But who or what team did you hate to see coming? Like that great QB that always made your team look below average. Or a defensive player that shut your team down. You know the guy that you couldn't wait for him to leave or graduate.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Ones You Hated Your Team To Face

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:36 am

Joel Stave from Wisconsin and Drew Brees from Purdue. I am pretty sure Stave started 12 years for Wisconsin. Charles Woodson on defense.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Collin Kaepernick when he played for University of Nevada. He was very good, according to Boise players he was a punk then too, but he still was tough to play against.

Most every team that anybody East of the Mississippi has heard of.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 am

Danny Wuerffel....

He took fearful beatings by the Noles and kept getting up. He had a mediocre arm but his total package made up for it. FSU was undefeated in 1996 and so were the Gators. The Seminoles beat Wuerfful in the last game of the regular season to put the Gators with one loss and leave FSU undefeated.

The powers that be thought it would be a good idea to rematch the Noles and Gators in the Sugar Bowl for what became the National Championship game between FSU #1 and #3 Florida. Wuerfful was unstoppable.

Both FSU and Florida ended up with a loss to each other...and the Gators were awarded the National Championship.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 am

Danny Wuerffel....

He took fearful beatings by the Noles and kept getting up. He had a mediocre arm but his total package made up for it. FSU was undefeated in 1996 and so were the Gators. The Seminoles beat Wuerfful in the last game of the regular season to put the Gators with one loss and leave FSU undefeated.

The powers that be thought it would be a good idea to rematch the Noles and Gators in the Sugar Bowl for what became the National Championship game between FSU #1 and #3 Florida. Wuerfful was unstoppable.

Both FSU and Florida ended up with a loss to each other...and the Gators were awarded the National Championship.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 am

Well, for Michigan, of course Ohio State. Just looked at the series history and was shocked at the number of shutouts. I counted like 35 or 36, or thereabouts. Since the last game Michigan won against the Buckeyes, it has been a stretch. For Virginia Tech, back in the day, I hated facing West Virginia and Pitt. You just never knew what was going to happen. Either of those teams could have been having a sorry season and face the Hokies and pop them in the mouth.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 am

I hate seeing Michigan play Ohio State. Of course, this distaste for that game is ongoing :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Eric wrote:I hate seeing Michigan play Ohio State. Of course, this distaste for that game is ongoing :roll:

It is the game that I get nervous about every year. Whether or not Michigan is good or bad. I have seen Ohio State go into that game with a shot at a national championship plus a berth in the Rose Bowl and end up in the Citrus Bowl. In my lifetime Ohio State's record against Michigan is 30-23-2. Until 2002 that record was in favor of Michigan. It is the game I look forward to the most and the one that makes me the most nervous. I still don't want it to ever end.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Since I am a Dawg, I of course, hate to see them play Florida.

Because you can put a talentless High School football team in Gator jerseys and they would make a game of it.

In the 15 years Richt was at Ga, they had a better team than Florida probably 10 years out of that. Didn't matter though...Richt won 5 games in the 15 years.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”