Early Draftees

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Early Draftees

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 am

Sorry Cane, I just read Brad Kaaya is leaving Miami to enter the NFL. That doesn't seem like a terrible decision on his part since the class is so weak. NFL scouts have been liking Kaaya since his freshman year, I think he will adjust well and be a mid-round pick.

And sorry Fanatic, but I just heard Bucky Hodges, Isaiah Ford, and Jerrod Evans are leaving. Ford and Hodges I get and everybody expected, but I heard the Evans rumors a couple of days ago and didn't believe it. I can't seriously believe he would declare for the NFL draft. He's an exciting college QB, but his game needs work in order to be ready for the next level. I can't imagine him being drafted higher than the 7th round. He should have stuck around and gained more experience and coaching. :?

I'm also planning on Julius Peppers to leave :cry:

Joe Mixon, if he were smart, would stay at Oklahoma. That video of his still makes him toxic and it will probably cost him a round or two relative to his talent since teams aren't going to be falling over themselves to acquire him. He's only a redshirt sophomore, so I say spend one more year at OU and then leave and hope it blows over. He hasn't formally declared but it sounds like he's leaning that way.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Early Draftees

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:23 am

Hooker is leaving too. He is a 1st year starter. Redshirt Sophomore. He is ready and likely a top 10 pick. He would be crazy to stay another year. He is as good a DB as Ohio State has ever had and the Buckeyes have had a bunch of really good ones.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 am

Boise State's Jeremy McNichols is leaving. Same as above.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't think you can blame them. If they are ready they should leave. If you can be a first rounder, you aren't probably going to move up the board much by waiting.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Anybody who gets McNichols will be getting a steal. I was very high on Ajayi as well, they look like similar RBs.

Patrick Mahomes declared. That marks a sad, sad day in this college football fan's viewing life :cry: . Absolutely my favorite player to watch. Seems the hot thing now is to find QBs that can run around the pocket and find receivers downfield on broken plays. Of course, the three guys who I've seen who do this best were Johnny Manziel, Patrick Mahomes, and Baker Mayfield. Trace McSorley is in a similar mold.

I think Mahomes might be able to work at the next level, but he needs some polish. Some of his throws in college were not so much bad decisions as they were him knowing that he has to make plays since they lay claim to one of the worst defenses in college football. He's got a rocket arm, he's the most evasive QB I've ever seen outside of Johnny Manziel, and he plays (well) through injuries.

This sets Texas Tech back, big-time. I'm sure they were hoping for an 8-4 season or so, and now they probably won't make a bowl game again. Kliff Kingsbury is definitely on the hot seat now. I hope Texas Tech sticks with the same coaching style and doesn't mix it up because that is their identity and it's suited them well. I would hate to see them try pro-style or something while the defense continues to stink. Lincoln Riley or Ruffin McNeil or Neal Brown or Sonny Cumbie would be some good ideas. Art Briles would be in the mix. But like Donovan said in the other thread, looking to 2017 is iffy enough, why am I looking to 2018? :lol:

Or, could it be.....The return of Mike Leach? :o I don't think it's ever going to work out for Wazzu and him.

By the way, Texas Tech opens up against Eastern Washington next year. :shock: I've never understood it. If you're going to schedule an FCS team, do it right. That's when you schedule Arkansas-Pine Bluff or Delaware State or Austin Peay or Presbyterian. There's literally no upside to facing a team like Eastern Washington.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”