Cotton Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Cotton Bowl

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Western is hanging tough, down 17-10. They have done a better job against the run after the first two series, but Wisconsin's size on the line might take over in the second half. Western is going to need a crucial turnover if they are going to pull off an upset. Their receivers can keep pace in this game and the Western running game is finding space. If they can get an extra defensive stop or two this game will come down to the wire.

I'd like to see Corey Davis get more involved though :?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cotton Bowl

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:13 pm

They are playing pretty well right now. Wisky just needs that big back to make everything move and they don't have it right now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:21 pm

It was a good game...that big tight end just killed WM. Nothing like a big tight end...or a good full back with hands.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Geez Fleck, I understand you not wanting to put more pressure on your offense and running the offense that got you here, but would it have killed you guys to use a bit of the hurry-up on that last drive? You can even run the ball if you'd like, just quit snapping the ball with 5 seconds on the play clock. That forced an onside kick (which I think has a 10% conversion rate). If they scored with 5-6 minutes left, they could have even survived a few first downs by Wisconsin.

Overall a good game, they showed they belonged and it was good for the program. It definitely beats having to play a team like Penn State or Oklahoma or Florida State :shock: . It might surprise people here to read this, but I think they could have handled Michigan in a similar fashion, maybe a 10 point loss or so. If they faced a genuinely explosive offense they would have gotten shelled, but this game was up their wheelhouse.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”