Cook gives me hope for football

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Cook gives me hope for football

Postby billybud » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:13 am

The guy is turning pro,,,a high pick,,and he is in the bowl, a team leader, and playing his heart out...he's a college ball player,,,for one more night.

Team first...even as a career beckons...these are the types of guys who I like to cheer for.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cook gives me hope for football

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:29 am

billybud wrote:The guy is turning pro,,,a high pick,,and he is in the bowl, a team leader, and playing his heart out...he's a college ball player,,,for one more night.

Team first...even as a career beckons...these are the types of guys who I like to cheer for.

Me too. He is fun to watch. Has been his whole career and he is going to be a very good next level guy. I would much rather draft a guy who shows up every game. Who puts his team mates before personal goals. Guys like him are winners.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:46 am

I project Dalvin Cook to be a much better pro than Leonard Fournette. I think Fournette's career will be similar to a guy like Darren McFadden. He'll stick around, he'll be productive in his prime, but he will never be a major game-changer. Cook strikes me like a fellow Seminole, kind of like De'Vonta Freeman although maybe a bit more explosive. He can be used in the passing game whereas Fournette won't really. Cook will probably be as effective in the NFL as Le'Veon Bell is. That's the stud you want.

NFL teams would be stupid to draft Jabril Peppers. I don't really figure he'll be a game-changer in the NFL. He'll be a piece on defense and you can beef him up to be a rover or something in between a LB and a S, but he's never going to be this Pro Bowl stud. His coverage skills and ball skills leave something to be desired and he won't cut it as any kind of return man like he can in college.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:54 am

Amen to all of the above. He is the go-to guy. Pro football will teach their players how to play. What they can't teach is the characteristics and attributes that are required for success in any endeavor. Cook made millions of dollars last night.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”