What Must The Big XII Do?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: What Must The Big XII Do?

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:27 am

If every year from past years is to be independent, then somehow all of this subjectiveness needs to be eliminated. I suggest that the money argument will become increasingly the biggest factor. In some ways, that may be more objective than past performance. Mr. Billybud's quote on tradition is so true, one I violate often when making my lame arguments. Humans have a tough time making anechoic decisions.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:34 am

The Big XII will remain a bush league conference until these antics stop. I believe Briles.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18238961/art-briles-sues-baylor-officials-libel-conspiracy
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:22 pm

donovan wrote:If every year from past years is to be independent, then somehow all of this subjectiveness needs to be eliminated. I suggest that the money argument will become increasingly the biggest factor. In some ways, that may be more objective than past performance. Mr. Billybud's quote on tradition is so true, one I violate often when making my lame arguments. Humans have a tough time making anechoic decisions.

This is exactly right. We tend to believe too much of what we hear on TV and in public instead of putting facts together and forming an opinion that is ours. It is something we all do because it is easier to follow than to lead.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”