An Interesting Article - Thought You All Would Find Interesting

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

An Interesting Article - Thought You All Would Find Interesting

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:21 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677 ... -football#

---

Also, to note on the list of Coaching positions that may be available: Present Head Coach of Baylor, Jim Grobe says he has no plans to coach next season.

Grobe told reporters on the weekly Big 12 teleconference that he was not going to coach next season.

Referring to the 62-22 loss to TCU (Baylor's most lopsided defeat this season), Grobe :"Certainly our players didn't play very well. I think we've got to look at that. I think we have to understand that distractions can take away the focus of coaches, too."

The interim coach's future looks clearer than the outlook for the rest of the Baylor assistants. It's hard to say where the assistant coaches will land once the season ends.

In the mean time, Grobe will go back to retirement, enjoying the time and funds earned after coaching a football season that was rarely about football.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: An Interesting Article - Thought You All Would Find Interesting

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:40 pm

I think this article is saying what most everyone of us ascertained long ago and we are not doing anything but reading reports and saying what we see to be obvious. I remember Willingham who clean up a terrible Washington mess and won no games and gets fired. Later coaches come in to a "cleaner" program and now they may be in the big game.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Hawkins had a similar experience at Colorado.

He cleaned up the place, but was faced with a recruiting classes that had not even been entertained, due to Gary Barnett being fired at the end of 2004, then rehired for a 1 year contract, just prior to the start of the 2005 season.

It's hard to get things moving when the guy before you, knew he wasn't going to be at the school after the season, and chose not to recruit anybody, amidst having to deal with the school's state of inappropriate conduct.

I'm glad to see UC Davis hire Hawkins. It's nice to see him back on the sidelines.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 pm

I agree...Hawk is a good guy and I too am glad he landed that job.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Franklin at Penn State has them moving in the right direction....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”