Game Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Game Tonight

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:10 pm

Tonight, we have Boise State and New Mexico State. I like both of these teams, so I won't be cheering for one or the other. Will Boise State make a statement on national TV? Will Boise State flop on national TV?

I think the game will be much closer than predicted. NMSU with Chase Holbrook and Akeem Jolla will play out of their mind on national TV, but when it comes to an end, Boise State wins by 13 points.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Not the greatest

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Boise State did not do a lot to enhance their position. But it was a win. They need to be more dominating to make up for their schedule.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:46 pm

Well, they didn't exactly shine, but they did get the job done. I'm very depressed because as the game went on, I was pulling more and more for NMSU. I never though they could win the game, I just wanted them to hang in there.

Those referees were about as inept as the ones that called the 2005 Alamo Bowl and the ones that called the Oregon/OU game this season. That one drive for Boise was a total ripoff on NMSU's part. A terrible roughing the passer call after stopping them on 4th down, a terrible block-in-the-back-no-call, a terrible chop-block-no-call, and as that accumlated, TOUCHDOWN BOISE!! That was the deflater, and if that awful, hideous, atrocious roughing the passer call doesn't go down, we're looking at a 28-27 NMSU ballgame. I mean, what, you can't touch the QB after he throws the ball anymore? :roll: Or are players going to start magically halting in mid-air? :roll: :roll: :x :roll: :roll:

I credit New Mexico State for hanging in there and showing that they will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Hal Mumme is a good coach, but he pulled some Central Michigan crap. What was he trying to prove on the last scoring drive? He literally ran 2 minutes off of the clock. You have to score, there's no sense in letting the clock run with 7 minutes and you're down by 3 scores. The worst part was, NMSU had a chance with the way their offense was playing. If the defense got lucky and Mumme made better play calls, we could be talking about a Boise State upset at this point.

The reasons why upsets are so rare:

#1: You have to outplay your opponent
#2: You have to hope your opponent slacks off and gets overconfident
#3: You have to fight the football gods for making nothing go your way
#4: You have to battle through your stupid mistakes because you will make them if you are a bad team
#5: You have to overcome the talent deficiancy
#6: You have to beat the referees. Most calls go towards the favorites.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”