Michigan vs FSU?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Michigan vs FSU?

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:36 pm

You can't blame the players. Especially the ones who are so close to getting a pro contract.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:51 pm

You can blame the system. You can blame us to support in word and finance the system. I am sure not as much as many of you, but I have contributed to the insanity.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 am

I have too. I have said it before and I will always believe that if they are going to have a problem playoff it should be one of league champions. If not then go back to letting the AP do their thing and just play the exhibitions.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 am

I go to bed tonight saying Amen, Spence.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 am

I wouldn't look for any college post season without significant issues.

1) An extra-curricular activity is a multi-billion dollar industry.
2) The universities have a lot of money on the line today, the players have a lot of money on the line tomorrow.
3) Talking heads make a lot of money of talking about pitfalls, problems, and speculating on potential answers...not answers.

As for the young men...
Practice the things you have not done or do not yet do well, go out and do what you have done and know how to do, with committed focus. That will get you through everyday of your life. (In every industry I have been in people get hurt when they do things they rarely to never do or lose respect for the things that are highly routine.)

The universities should provide insurance policies thelast 3 or 4 games of the athletes senior year. Something like 1 year of "probable" pro pay (up to $7M or so) for an injury sustained in practice or games.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 pm

WoVeU wrote:

The universities should provide insurance policies thelast 3 or 4 games of the athletes senior year. Something like 1 year of "probable" pro pay (up to $7M or so) for an injury sustained in practice or games.

That is a great novel idea. You may quickly see how little schools and pro teams care about individual players.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 pm

WoVeU wrote:I wouldn't look for any college post season without significant issues.

2) The universities have a lot of money on the line today, the players have a lot of money on the line tomorrow.
3) Talking heads make a lot of money of talking about pitfalls, problems, and speculating on potential answers...not answers.

As for the young men...
Practice the things you have not done or do not yet do well, go out and do what you have done and know how to do, with committed focus. That will get you through everyday of your life. (In every industry I have been in people get hurt when they do things they rarely to never do or lose respect for the things that are highly routine.)

FSU contributed $60,000 for the premiums for Jameis Winston's $10 million Loss of Value/Disabilty policy his last year of play. The NCAA has a provision for this...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 pm

WoVeU wrote:I wouldn't look for any college post season without significant issues.

As for the young men...

FSU contributed $60,000 for the premiums for Jameis Winston's $10 million Loss of Value/Disabilty policy his last year of play. The NCAA has a provision for this...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:02 am

Well, Billybud, after all these years.....It's finally on! :D

I really don't know what to make of this game. I've seen FSU's defense struggle mightily early this year, but they seem to have gotten much better on that side of the ball as the year went on. I know their defensive line is great and will pressure Speight easily. We've had some offensive line struggles. And I know the exact same can be said about the other side of the ball, as Michigan's defensive line has been great and FSU's has been shaky.

Should be a pretty close game. I don't know how our team will be mentally for this contest. I know they'll say the right things and Harbaugh is supposed to be this master motivator, but the end of this season was a disaster. And you know my opinion of our terrible passing game, so our defense will have to step up.

Frankly, I don't think Michigan will play well (again). Let's regroup this offseason and pray that McCaffery or Peters becomes the savior of this program :cry:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”