FSU vs Florida

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

FSU vs Florida

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:53 am

FSU's defense, for the 2nd year in a row, did not allow the Gators an offensive touchdown. It has now been 10 quarters since the Gator offense has scored a TD against the Seminoles.

The key to holding the Florida offense to two FG's was having them go 0-12 on third down conversions....six sacks.

As a Nole fan, it was a great showing for the defense which was said to be the second best on the field....

Being a National Champion is great...but being the State Champ and 8-0 over Florida and Miami the last four years is so satisfying.... :D
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FSU vs Florida

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 am

I got to see most of this game. FSU played championship football yesterday.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:06 am

I get the state championship feeling. Oregon State fans have not been this happy for so long they forgot what happy is.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:46 pm

donovan wrote:I get the state championship feeling. Oregon State fans have not been this happy for so long they forgot what happy is.

Thing is, I had to double take when I saw the score ... :shock: Oregon State beat Oregon :shock:

Then I had a laugh.

billybud wrote:The key to holding the Florida offense to two FG's was having them go 0-12 on third down conversions....six sacks.

Yeah, it sure didn't hurt having Dalvin Cook running all over the gapers D, keep their offense cold & off the field.

I would have enjoyed this game more, if I hadn't been so captivated by the Colorado/Utah game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:31 pm

This 8 loss year has brought Oregon back down to the ground...

I didn't see this big slide coming.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Me either.

I surely didn't expect them to be as much of a force as they had been. But I figured they would still have been on the upper plus side of wins over losses. 9-3 , some close call games, with the plausibility of playing for a conference title.

Good thing for the Pac, Colorado & Utah have turned into something better than they hoped for. Else wise, conference strength would be sour.

Have to give it to the Buffs' head coach Mike MacIntyre ... his choice for Defensive Coordinator in Jim Leavitt is turning out to be a brilliant move.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”