The Weekend That Defense Forgot

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

The Weekend That Defense Forgot

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:08 am

I realize defense has been on the wane in college football over the last decade or so, but wow, has this ever happened before in a single week? By my count, I've got 6 teams this week that eclipsed 60 points and 3 that eclipsed 70, those being Pittsburgh, Navy, and Middle Tennessee. Syracuse scored 61 in a losing effort. I wish I had caught a little bit of that game, but I wasn't too interested because the Orange had nothing on the line. Dino Babers will need to try to field a little bit of a defense if Syracuse is going to get to a bowl next year. :shock:

Colorado State has 63 on San Diego State with a little under a quarter left to go, so they're on the 70-point bubble here as well.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The Weekend That Defense Forgot

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:59 am

Cuse has a poor defense....but FSU held the Orange to 14...I was surprised at the huge score on their end.

Pitt? They did put up 42 on Penn State and 43 on Clemson....they can score.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The Weekend That Defense Forgot

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Eric wrote: I wish I had caught a little bit of that game, but I wasn't too interested because the Orange had nothing on the line.

Well, that, and because it was on during the Michigan/Ohio State game.

I watched quite a bit of it. One of the local channels broadcasts the ACC network for the 12:00 game every week. [at least for this season]

It was interesting. Even though the `Cuse were scoring, Pitt would continue to maintain a 3 Touchdown lead most of the game. Whenever I would flip to another station, to watch one of the other games, I turn back to this one, and there were more points on the board. Crazy!

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”