Ohio State - TTUN

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State - TTUN

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Come Saturday it will have been 1826 days since the last time Ohio State lost to that team up north. As much as I hate to say it, I think this is probably their year. I think there is something wrong with JT Barrett. I don't know if it is physical or a mental thing. I do know he seems to have the yips (in the words of an old golfer). He has never had a strong arm, but he has made up for it by making smart throws and being able to hit the quick hitters in tight windows. The last 5 or 6 games he has really looked bad. Receivers look frustrated. He missed a 4 yard screen pass to Samuel against Michigan State. I don't know what is wrong with him. I do know that Ohio State needs him to play well to win and he really hasn't played well this year. His ability to run is fine. I don't know if he is shell shocked by the sometimes poor line play or what, but he can't seem to get it together and I don't think he can win this game without a solid passing day. They are going to load the box and man up on our receivers. The game will come down to whether or not JT can make things happen. I don't like his chances.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Ohio State - TTUN

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Is Michigan playIng the backup QB? One thing, players get up for these types of games. Two, Meyer can coach. I am not saying that Harbaugh can't coach. This is coming from a Michigan fan. There has always been something that Meyer has with his players. I can't put a finger on it. Ever since his days at Florida and now in Columbus. He has a mystique.

Harbaugh and Meyer weren't around for this one. I remember the game a few years ago when the ranking was about the same. Michigan had a penalty, late hit or whatever. I feel this game won't come down to a similar situation. I want to say it will go back and forth, but can a backup QB handle the environment? I will go out on a limb. Buckeyes win by 10.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:02 pm

I think Harbaugh is every bit as good as Meyer. I also don't think much of Speight, so I don't think there is a drop off there. I Think the game will come down to who has the better field position for the game.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 am

Michigan did not look good in their last two games...scoring 13 points against Iowa...and beating Indiana 20-10.

O'Korn looks to be mediocre...in his career, he has never finished a season with a 60% completion rate.....if Speight can play, it will be a Wolverine boost.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Ohio State hasn't looked good either. Barrett has been terrible passing.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 pm

A real Michigan/Ohio State game ... Big D.

And Spence is back to his yearly Michigan week tradition, refusing to speak or type the name of "That Team Up North".

Sometimes our Traditions are rooted in Superstition ... now if I could just find one that get Miami a win over that team from Tallahassee :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:A real Michigan/Ohio State game ... Big D.

And Spence is back to his yearly Michigan week tradition, refusing to speak or type the name of "That Team Up North".

Sometimes our Traditions are rooted in Superstition ... now if I could just find one that get Miami a win over that team from Tallahassee :lol:

Yes. And Tallahassee would be TTUNAW. (That team up north and west) :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:01 am

:lol:
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:04 am

We do have directions to our rivals...

1...how to get to U of Florida at Hogtown...go east until you smell it, then south until you step in it.

2...Miami...and the best part of going to Miami is that it is so close to the United States...

But...you just drive south past the Sweet Tea Line (where the table server no longer automatically brings sweet tea)...keep driving until you see ocean and they serve chamomile tea. When you see women wearing furs and it is 70 degrees, you are close. Practice singing "Yo tengo goza, goza, goza en mi corazon".

When you get to Seminole Hard Rock Stadium (informally known as Doak Campbell South)...look for the crowds at the entrance...they will be wearing garnet.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:54 pm

billybud wrote:But...you just drive south past the Sweet Tea Line (where the table server no longer automatically brings sweet tea)

Ocala ...

Cane... [__]

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:47 pm

Things we've learned thus far:

1. Wilton Speight is terrible
2. Michigan still struggles to beat Ohio State even when Ohio State is at their worst
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:48 pm

If I live to be 100 years old, I'm guessing OSU will hold a 78-22 edge head to head. :evil:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:51 pm

I think O'Korn had a rust problem in addition to the blustery conditions. I don't think anybody would have been able to throw well in that weather, unless they were elite of the elite. They really had the training wheels on. He'd be doing better than Speight right now today. I don't know how you could be worse considering he's virtually responsible for all of Ohio State's 14 points thus far.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm just happy that J.T. Barrett is completely lost at sea or else we'd be down by 3 touchdowns.

Hypothetically if we somehow made it to the playoff, we have 0% chance of winning because beating Alabama would be impossible with this offense. At least Ohio State has the raw offensive skill. They can figure it out again by New Year's Eve.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Well, you can't say that the game hasn't been entertaining, but this game is a joke. Both teams are trying as hard as they can to choke this one away. I guess someone still has to win it though :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”