Well, here we go again.

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Well, here we go again.

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:44 am

Low 30's and a snow/rain/sleet mix in East Lansing. I've said it before, but Ohio State isn't built to be a cold weather team. This is the type of game we struggle in. Hopefully the defense can be a little less aggressive in the backfield. It's going to be an ugly game. I'm glad I'm eating this one from my chair.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Well, here we go again.

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:35 am

I was thinking about the Va Tech/ND game today; and intended on posting this same circumstance.

Yesterday, it was 65, clear and sunny, until around mid afternoon, when the clouds started rolling in. Yet the temperature stayed high, and even with a little rain [the major storm front just missed us to the south by 15 miles], the Autumn air kept the night mostly dry. Perfect football conditions, which was great for the regional finals in high school Friday Night action.

I'm sure stepping off the bus, the Virginia Tech team thought, "Oh, this is the bad weather they were telling us about. This is nothing".

Today, it is presently 32 degrees, with snow & wind. And heaven knows, running into the wind at these temperatures can be tortuous if you aren't use to it. I'm guessing the Hokies team is not.

On-the-other-hand; the first snowfall of the year, in our area, is today. Which means, the ND players will not be quite use to it either. So, only prior season experience with these elements will make the difference. As those players will be able to adjust more quickly.

These are the conditions that make situations ripe for turnovers, as, cold footballs can feel like a hollow frozen turkey. And cold hands [even wearing gloves], can make ball handling difficult.

Nortre Dame has to win both, this and next week's game versus USC to be Bowl Eligible. I was counting on the Hokies knocking them out of the Bowl picture today [I still hope they do]. Though, with the weather we have here in South Bend, it may be the equalizer the Irish needed to level the playing field.

We'll see.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Well, here we go again.

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 pm

If you want to beat Ohio State go to a two tightend set and lead with a fullback, they can't stop it. On defense, throw 9 guys in the box, your good.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”