Louisville, Heisman Next In Line, 1st Half Shutout

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Louisville, Heisman Next In Line, 1st Half Shutout

Postby Swamp Daddy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, in those games where UL lost and Lamar fumbled he was trying too hard, trying to do all the work when the O-line basically gave up. His fumbling wasn't the real problem to me it was his pass inaccuracy at times. Too much zip, a hair too far or too short; probably too much adrenaline. I think he will stabilize next year in passing.

Swamp Daddy :wink:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:11 am

Swamp Daddy wrote:Well, in those games where UL lost and Lamar fumbled he was trying too hard, trying to do all the work when the O-line basically gave up. His fumbling wasn't the real problem to me it was his pass inaccuracy at times. Too much zip, a hair too far or too short; probably too much adrenaline. I think he will stabilize next year in passing.

Swamp Daddy :wink:

How is Louisville's depth at O-line? There is often a reason things don't add up. I can't see guys laying down when you have a good season going!?!?

WVU's defense I don't even recognize right now and many fans are flabbergasted by this. But if they would rewind back to the last 2 games where they looked like the D we know, all over the place shifting the pressure and coverage, they could hear the commentators talking about another DB down. And the Eers being thin at safety and corner. When you don't have the man power there are just things you can't do.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 am

WoVeU wrote: When you don't have the man power there are just things you can't do.

There is certainly no arguing that point ... at least, not logically, anyway.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:21 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
WoVeU wrote: When you don't have the man power there are just things you can't do.

There is certainly no arguing that point ... at least, not logically, anyway.

Not with us guys who know a little bit. Yet I hear guys talking about, "that is the back field though!" Yeah, if the safety can't push the slot receiver out and up the field you can't blitz the OLB. Well you can if you like your D to give up 2minute 7's.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Good teams have a basic flexible philosophy that allows modifications to accommodate the player's strengths and weaknesses. That is something Alabama does better than anyone. Recruiting is really a pig in a poke and everyone gets excited about 5 star or something recruits. Best recruits are bigger, faster and stronger. All the rest they get taught. And in the Pros this becomes even more exaggerated.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:24 pm

donovan wrote:Good teams have a basic flexible philosophy that allows modifications to accommodate the player's strengths and weaknesses. That is something Alabama does better than anyone. Recruiting is really a pig in a poke and everyone gets excited about 5 star or something recruits. Best recruits are bigger, faster and stronger. All the rest they get taught. And in the Pros this becomes even more exaggerated.

I agree.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Despite late season flame-out, UL snagged the Heisman anyway. The O-line just was not good enough to sustain things and when teams developed a defense for the duck and run talents of Lamar things tailed off. However, if you believe in recruiting Bobby P. has stabilized the line with incoming people including some JUCO transfers for the 2017-18 season.

A cousin of Elvis Dumerville (former star) has committed. He's a big kid too. Looking forward to the coming season. Ever hopeful.

have fun, Swamp Daddy :D
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Return to “General Discussion”